|| Chatur: Vow And Welfare ||

Krishnaa was waiting for her eldest husband to return to their chamber

Krishnaa was waiting for her eldest husband to return to their chamber. But it was past midnight and there was no trace of him, and she had decided to search for him as there was not even a message or news regarding him from the evening. As she walked into the corridors of the palace, she came across Indrasena, Yudhishthira's charioteer.

"Arya Indrasena, do you know where Maharaja is?" She questioned him as concern and curiosity laced her voice. She was feeling oddly restless that night, as if something big was going to take place. Her pregnancy hormones only aggravated her overthinking and didn't allow her to catch sleep.

"Namaste, Maharani!" Indrasena bowed to her respectfully. "Maharaja is in the armoury. He is in some work related to the weaponry material."

"Thank you!" Without wasting any more time, she took swift steps towards the armoury, though careful enough for the sake of her child. As she reached her destination, she found the doors were wide open and the two guards at either side were standing with their heads bowed. She entered inside the armoury quickly to find Yudhishthira and quell her worries.

"Svami!" She called out as she walked into the workplace where he was seated, going through some documents. He snapped his head up towards her, astounded to find her there.

"Krishnae, what are you doing here?" He closed the parchments and stood up on his feet. "I thought you must be sleeping and didn't send any message."

"I was wondering why you vanished without any information and as I got to know you were in the armoury, I was worried that maybe something was off..."

"No, everything is fine! There was a shortage of material in the armoury and we needed some external help. Arjuna and Nakula asked me to check through our allies' list and measure whom we can ask help from based on our history and all that. So I'm just doing that now, since I'll be caught up with court issues all day."

"Svami, I understand but..." Krishnaa let out a sigh and looked down. "You all care for me and our child, and want to keep me away from all anxieties. But that is only making me more anxious. You didn't tell me about the robberies, the problem in the treasury, and now this weaponry shortage... As the Queen, I ought to know everything about the kingdom. I trust you all more than I trust myself, but having the knowledge of what's going on is important."

"I agree, Krishnae, we have been overprotective." Yudhishthira held her hands apologetically. "We wanted to make you feel comfortable, but if this is what pleases you, then you'll know everything from now on, I promise."

They heard hasty and hurried footsteps in the armoury at that moment, very nearby where they were standing, which alerted both of them. Both of them had their movements stilled and their breaths stopped. Yudhishthira knew the footfalls of Arjuna like he knew the sounds of his breath, and Krishnaa could sense the gait of Arjuna like the song that her soul loved to listen to. She shut her eyes tightly and prayed to the gods above to prove her premonition wrong, to fool her intelligence, but there seemed to be no mercy on her that night.