|| Ekasaptati: The Announcement ||

"Some misinformation has been spread in the city regarding the heir apparent of Indraprastha," Yudhishthira began, his voice grave and deep

"Some misinformation has been spread in the city regarding the heir apparent of Indraprastha," Yudhishthira began, his voice grave and deep. "I would like to clear the air around this. Our heir apparent is none other than Kaunteya Vrikodara Bhimasena and as long as I'm alive, Bhima will continue in that position without a doubt. After Bhima, the one who is in line for that position is Kaarshneya Prativindhya, and after him, it is Sutasoma and so forth, because Devi Krishnaa is both the Maharani and the Yuvarani of this kingdom. Her sons will be the first to be considered for inheritance in any case. I also have another son, Yaudheya, but his right comes only after Krishnaa's sons Shatanika and Shrutasena. Sarvaga is also there, Bhima's son, and his right comes after Yaudheya. If we consider the age factor too, Sahadeva's son Suhotra is also there, older to Yaudheya and Sarvaga, and much older to the unborn child of Arjuna and Subhadra. With all this calculation, we can see clearly that before Saubhadra, there are many princes here who can claim the position of heir apparent. The argument that the unborn baby can be or shall be the heir apparent is baseless because Rajakumara Prativindhya has that right not only by birth but he deserves that for what he is!"

Krishnaa placed her hand on Prativindhya's shoulder who was listening to his father with a neutral expression, as if he was trying to grasp the knowledge in it instead of the content. He did not seem bothered by the issue at all. He turned to his mother and gave a formal smile to match the etiquette of the royal assembly. She knew why it didn't bother him. He trusted his parents immensely that they wouldn't let anything wrong take place. And his trust wasn't unfounded. Each person whom he had considered as his parent, including Arjuna, would keep his trust or Krishnaa hoped that they would. After numerous days of detachment, she was hoping for something from Arjuna, expecting something from him. She thought she would never risk her heart again but she was doing it.

"Maharaja Yudhishthira, may I give my response to your argument?" Satyaki stood up from his throne. "You told us that you can pronounce Prince Arjuna's child from his queen consort as the heir if you ever have to make his son as the heir. Will Prince Arjuna and Maharani Krishnaa ever have a child of their own? They do not have any children yet and we heard that they do not have harmony in their relationship anymore. Then on what basis is Maharani Krishnaa Draupadi his chief wife? It should be Princess Subhadra, isn't it, Maharaja?"

An eerie silence descended on the assembly. Krishnaa's countenance lost its color whereas Arjuna's blood boiled in anger. For once, he sensed the future and was successful in comprehending the psyche of his friend. But there was nothing that could justify his act of bringing their personal life into the assembly from what he heard of people gossiping. Satyaki knew nothing about him and Krishnaa. Neither did those gossip-mongers know anything.

Krishna rose quickly with an indignant expression on his face. "Sorry to interrupt but Yuyudhana, you have to remember that you are my subordinate and you have come with me for my sister's Simantonayana. The only reason I was not stopping you was because you have been Partha's companion since so many years, independently allied with him as his friend. But your words are damaging the reputation of the Vrishnis. That's why I must remind you that your position in Dvaraka depends on my will and my decision!"