|| Trichatvarimshat: The Fire In Her Heart ||

Krishnaa did not expect Arjuna at the doors of her chamber until she heard his voice

Krishnaa did not expect Arjuna at the doors of her chamber until she heard his voice. She thought it was anyone of her handmaidens whom she had sent away to have some solitude or one of her co-wives who had come to request her to join the ceremonies. But when his call reached her ears out of the blue, her heart stopped. She wanted to run towards the doors to open them and lay her eyes on him after what felt like Yugas yet she knew that she couldn't do that. How much had she yearned to hear him addressing her that way in these twelve years but when he was actually doing it, she was not in the position to cherish that moment.

She thought he would go away after knocking once or twice. She thought he would be exasperated after shouting her name once or twice. Subhadra must be waiting for him after all. But he did not give up even after receiving no hint of positivity from her side. After a brief period of silence, she had opened the door, thinking that he wouldn't be there, but he was there. He was there.

She had struggled to keep her face blank as his one glimpse was making her emotional when she couldn't show her emotions to him. He looked so different, much different than she had ever thought he would look. He looked older and wiser, and it was natural given that there was so much gap between the time she had last seen him and this day. She was not familiar with this version of Arjuna. That deep austere glint in his eyes and the substantial change in his aura, spoke of more than just the after-effects of his penance. It spoke of her own unawareness about him, about how she had become a stranger to him from being his beloved wife who knew anything and everything about him.

She wasn't prepared to face him. She tried to prepare herself but she failed. She just walked away from the doors and returned to the inside of her chamber. Though her heart was brimming with myriads of emotions, her mind was blank. She didn't know what to talk about before him. At one point of time, she thought that she had millions of questions to confront him with. But when he was standing before her eyes, she didn't find any trace of those questions in her mind.

Emptiness. Nothingness. As if nothing remained. As if everything faded away.

Arjuna followed Krishnaa into the chamber, the coldness emanating from her chilling him to his bone. He did not expect her to be warm with him at once after what he had done but he wasn't expecting her to be so quiet. Her silence was stinging his heart, it was so unlike what his Krishnaa was. But then, she really wasn't the same person that he had taken leave from. He was aware that she would change, as time wills those changes, but when he was witnessing that change with his own eyes, he was feeling overwhelmed. Because he hadn't witnessed her journey of evolving into the woman who was standing before him.

He had always wanted to stay by her side as she rose to new heights, as the Queen of Indraprastha, as the finance minister, as the mistress of the household. He wanted to be her support, her aid and be an essential part of everything that she became, but he couldn't. It was his earnest wish to be the witness to her evolution into motherhood but he had seen nothing and knew nothing. He had remained unacquainted with her transformation. Just some years ago, when he exchanged letters when he was in Manalura, though they were acutely aware of all these changing dynamics, it did not matter to them. They conversed about love, trust, desires, and their reunion. But the past two years have changed everything.