|| Trayadhikashatam: To Kampilya ||

I keep putting SitaRamam songs from all languages because I'm obsessed with them and they fit so beautifully- 😭

_____

"Take care of yourself!" Pritha advised her daughter-in-law for the hundredth time. "I know Prishati, Sudarshanaa and your other sisters-in-law will be there for you but still it's my duty to give you all the instructions. Arjuna, I'm telling you again, take good care of my Snusha! You have no other task!"

"Of course, Mata!" Arjuna deadpanned as his ears were already swollen after hearing the same statement from his mother countless times. He knew that his brothers were snickering at his situation secretly and when he threw a suspicious look at them, Yudhishthira warned the other three to stop their laughter with a soft glare of his.

"I have packed the food as per your liking, especially the savories so that you do not feel any trouble during the journey," Pritha continued her speech and once again looked at her son, "Arjuna, she might face any other discomfort during the journey. Keep checking upon her from time to time! Did you understand?"

"I will, Mata!" He said, sighing as his wife also started to struggle to suppress her laughter, standing right beside him.

They had already taken leave from the rest of the family members to leave for Panchala but Pritha was taking all the time in the world to bid them farewell. Once Arjuna and Krishnaa had assured Pritha that they would be extremely careful, Arjuna and Krishnaa finally ascended the former's chariot.

Prativindhya, Sutasoma, Shatanika and Shrutasena were already sitting in one of the chariots as they were also accompanying Arjuna and Krishnaa, given that the exact time of their return was not decided and they may spend the whole pregnancy period there. The four kids couldn't stay away from their mother for so long and Prativindhya also had his training sessions with Arjuna that couldn't be missed. The journey to the city of Kampilya had started with both the chariots rushing towards the destination. Arjuna's chariot was driven by Puru and the other chariot was driven by Indrasena, Yudhishthira's charioteer, as they needed a trusted person to take the children along.

As Arjuna and Krishnaa were sitting in their chariot, the latter noticed the fidgetiness in the former's demeanor, something she had been noticing since a while. The chariot that Indrasena was driving was already ahead of them along with few soldiers in between, and a few carts behind their own chariot to carry their clothes, articles, food and gifts with another set of soldiers far behind.

"Arjuna, are you alright?" She reached out to his palm and found that it was sweaty. "What's wrong? Why are you..."

"Everything seems so fragile. The profound joy we are blessed with, the beauty of this moment, sometimes I'm unable to believe in it though I certainly feel it," He replied, closing his eyes momentarily. "I don't know but my heart feels so full whenever I imagine our future, our little baby, but at the same time, the fragility of everything creates an unknown worry in my heart. You don't worry, you are not supposed to be tense and take my conflicts into your heart in this state..."