|| Navachatvarimshat: A New Decision ||

A new dawn spread over the kingdom Indraprastha, marking a new and auspicious beginning for the royal family

A new dawn spread over the kingdom Indraprastha, marking a new and auspicious beginning for the royal family. Arjuna had returned to his home after twelve years and he was also going to resume his duties as the commander-in-chief of Indraprastha. Pritha and the other four Pandavas had finally obtained the picture of their complete family after long. Krishnaa had her qualms about Arjuna but she was unswerving from her daily routine. She decided not to exhaust herself by contemplating his actions which weren't useful for her sanity.

Subhadra was nervous about her new life as she didn't get much assurance about it, with her husband and her mother-in-law not giving much importance to her state. Though Pritha had met her again the previous day and appreciated her nobility to dress up like a cowherdess, and showered the same affection on her that she always used to do as her aunt, she was not upset with the fact that her niece was compelled to give up her pride. Arjuna too had not sounded sorry about it after making her do it though she had accepted his request without second thought. But she remembered her eldest brother Balarama's words that she would have to compromise if a compromise is needed and minimize her expectations, and that calmed her down instantly.

That day, Arjuna had finally met the youngest generation of his family. He had effortlessly recognized all of them though he hadn't seen them before. The young princes were also very excited to meet him about whom they had heard a lot about. Arjuna really couldn't believe that all of them, especially Krishnaa's sons, were so acquainted with him and were so comfortable with him too. When he was leaving for his exile, he thought that his dream to become a father-figure to them, though he knew only Prativindhya's existence back them, was broken. He thought that if he didn't meet them for so many years after their birth, they wouldn't even consider him as their uncle with that much affection and love. But he was wrong. Absolutely wrong.

They called him father and loved him in the same way as they loved their fathers. He knew that it couldn't be his brothers' contribution alone. Krishnaa had caused this miracle. She was compelled to be apart from him but she never failed in proving her love and devotion towards him in every step of their separation too. She was the strongest pillar of his family along with his mother. No matter what kind of situations she faced, she stayed true to her word, she stayed true to her heart, she stayed true to their love. Only if he too could do that. Only if he could be as courageous as she was. Only if he was as clear-sighted and pure as she was.

No wonder she had expected so much from him which he couldn't live up to. Her expectations, her hurt and her wrath were not baseless. Perhaps they were separate in the eyes of the world but she had never considered herself separate from him. He loved her immensely too but at that one instance, he had acted irresponsibly. He had unwittingly insulted the love and loyalty that Krishnaa bore for him. Not just that, he had even offended his father-in-law Maharaja Drupada who had supported and protected the Pandavas at the time when they had none. He had gone ahead and formed such an extremely significant alliance without seeking his approval and blessings. If he had still expected Krishnaa to retain normalcy in her behavior after all this, he had become so thoughtless and heedless.

_______

The Pandava family was having their meals together for the first time after twelve years without missing Arjuna in the group. The five Pandavas, Pritha, Krishnaa, Devika, Balandhara, Vijayaa, Subhadra and all the children were also present. A hearty discussion about the children was going on, with his brothers explaining to Arjuna the traits and antics of each child of theirs.

"Has their weapon training started?" He asked abruptly as the thought struck his mind and that question earned the attention of everyone present.

"Not yet. Only Prativindhya is old enough for weapons. At present, the children are learning sciences under Guru Dhaumya. I'm unable to decide where to send them for weapons," Yudhishthira answered. "Our primary options are Hastinapura and Ahichattra but they do not seem suitable."

"Your conundrum makes sense, Jyeshtha. We can't send them there!"

"But..." Pritha interrupted their conversation. "Though your concern is understable, you cannot obstruct their progress due to your attachment to them. Your fear for their safety is not unfounded but it can be detrimental to their development. You all need to take a serious decision for their education. Krishnaa, what do you say?"

The queen looked up at the queen mother and nodded her head in agreement. "Something needs to be done. Not Hastinapura or Ahichattra though. Maybe some other destination but they need proper education."

"In my opinion, it's not good for them to step out of Indraprastha for education," Arjuna said solemnly.

"But who will come here and teach them, Arjuna?" Vrikodara questioned. "I don't think we know any such Gurus. How can they learn in Indraprastha?"

"I will teach them, Agraja!" Arjuna responded. We do not need to rely on anyone. Their safety and security should have the foremost importance."

"Bhrata, but with all the duties in the armory and the kingdom, can you manage this duty as well?" Nakula expressed. "It might be overburdening for you!"

"Sankalpa is enough, Nakula, it's enough to achieve the most impossible. What can be above our children?"

"I think that this decision is perfect!" Sahadeva exclaimed. "Bhrata Arjuna's decision solves all the problems!"

"Krishnae!" Yudhishthira called out. "Do you want the children to have a traditional Brahmana Guru or is it fine with you if Arjuna teaches them?"

"If they do not have to go far from our sight and still there will be no lack in their lessons, what more do I want?"

"Fine!" The king uttered in relief, having found the solution for an issue that was troubling them for long. "Arjuna, you can start Prativindhya's training from tomorrow itself!"

"Yes, Jyeshtha!" Arjuna replied, though his eyes were stuck at Krishnaa's visage as he had sensed that she was also looking at him pointedly. After a brief period of staring at each other, not being able to fathom what the other one was thinking, they averted their gazes. There was a beautiful phase in their life when they did not even need to look at each other to know what's running in each other's mind and heart. This phase that they are going through is the antithetical one.