|| Ekanavati: Lost In Love ||

"Arjuna, why do I feel like your age has reduced?" Krishna commented as he strolled along with his best friend

"What?" The son of Pritha snapped his head up towards the son of Devaki. He was not unused to his cousin's mischief but he could not understand the meaning behind talking about his age abruptly.

"I just appreciated the fact that your age seems to have reduced but you are proving yourself old again. How many times should I say for you to hear?" Krishna's slightly mischievous tone turned more mischievous.

"Revered Pitamaha of Aniruddha, may I know why you are discussing my age all of a sudden?" Arjuna raised an eyebrow, imitating his friend's tone.

"So you are jealous that I'm already a grandfather! Not everyone is lucky enough to see their grandchild at such a young age. Don't be so jealous!" Krishna laughed.

"How do you make everything very convenient to tease me and save yourself from teasing simultaneously?"
Arjuna huffed dramatically. "You leave all that and tell me why you feel that my age has reduced!"

"You become dull witted only when it comes to the most important matters!" Krishna caught his forehead in exasperation. "You are grinning without any reason, the creases on your forehead are fully smoothened and it looks like you spent too much time in choosing your attire!"

Arjuna flushed and looked down, pressing his lips together nervously. Not only Krishna but everyone around him would have noticed the change in his demeanor because it wasn't something subtle but Krishna alone could have pointed it out and he did. But Arjuna didn't even feel the need to hide anything. He was too busy with his happiness to think about anything else. He was consumed by the completeness and contentment of his reunion with his beloved, and before the depth of that feeling which he had acquired after years of painful wait, everything else pales away. He wanted to be happy and express his happiness freely.

"Bhama is requesting Panchali to come along with us to the pleasure trip on the Yamuna banks," Krishna said, making sure that his voice was devoid of any sign of mischief and was fully innocent. But Arjuna still gasped in response, leaving his friend guffawing.

"There is no need to ask you the reason for your overflowing joy when taking your wife's name is enough!" Krishna remarked laughingly.

"But what are your plans that you haven't told me earlier about your wife accompanying you?" Arjuna pursed his lips, trying to keep his straight and serious which only worsened the situation as Krishna laughed harder.

"What are my plans?" Krishna exclaimed. "The presence of my wife is also essential for me to enjoy the trip, Sakha. I thought that you'd have similar feelings and that's why I asked Bhama to bring Panchali. But they aren't the only ones who will be joining us. Bhanu and his younger siblings, Subhadra and Abhimanyu, and Dhrishtadyumna's family are also included. The guest mansions which were constructed on the banks will be enough to accommodate all of us."

"You planned so much behind my back when I was the one who suggested you for the trip, Madhava!" Arjuna's eyes widened in surprise. His friend's readiness for the trip indicated that there was something more than what met his eye. The pleasure trip wasn't going to be a mere pleasure trip.

"Your concentration was solely on Krishnaa and that's why Krishna had to plan everything!" Krishna answered, his mischievous smile deepening. "Don't delay anymore! They must be waiting for us at the palace gates!"

_______

Bhanu and his siblings ascended their respective horses, Subhadra along with her child was seated in a palanquin, and Dhrishtadyumna's family was sitting on a chariot when Krishna and Arjuna had arrived at the palace gates. The former went to Satyabhama who was waiting for him and climbed up their chariot along with her whose reins Daruka was holding. Arjuna's eyes searched for Krishnaa as he walked towards his chariot where his charioteer Puru was standing.

The others decided to start early as Satyabhama informed them that Panchali would take more time and Arjuna agreed to wait for his wife while the others departed. He kept pacing back and forth as he anticipated her arrival. After a short while, he heard the sound of her anklets first and then her signature fragrance made him realize that she was near. He turned around and found Krishnaa almost rushing in his direction. Worried at her speed as there were few pebbles in the path, he ran towards her swiftly and stopped her by holding her shoulders.

"I was stuck with the work at the palace and I'm so late!" She sighed. "I should have been here before. Everyone seems to have left already and you are alone!"

"It's fine, Krishnaa, you need not come so hastily for that reason. I'm waiting for you because I want to wait. If you come running like this, you may fall!"

Krishnaa stared at him incredulously. "You look a bit more concerned than you are supposed to be, Arjuna."

"You are also a bit more excited than you are supposed to be, Krishnaa. Then it becomes my right to be a bit more concerned, isn't it?" He smirked at her as she looked away with a soft smile forming on her lips.

"Let's go!" She held his palm and pulled him along, deliberately walking one step ahead to hide her face as Arjuna chuckled. They reached the chariot and settled down on it before the vehicle started towards their destination.

Arjuna slid his arm around her waist, causing her eyes to widen and her cheeks to redden instantly. Her dark skin often easily concealed her blush but only for those eyes which couldn't see beyond the physical signs. Arjuna could clearly perceive the color on her face as she slowly leaned onto his arm, placing her head on his shoulder. His smile grew wider, his heart swelling with unadulterated bliss. He was lost in her love and he never wished to come out of that feeling where he could never feel a sense of void though he was thinking more about her than himself.