|| Ekadasha: The Past Surfaces ||

The city of Indraprastha was all decked for the naming ceremony of the son of the King and Queen, and there was a hustle bustle inside the palace with the swarming guests and grand festivities

The city of Indraprastha was all decked for the naming ceremony of the son of the King and Queen, and there was a hustle bustle inside the palace with the swarming guests and grand festivities. All the Kurus and Panchalas had arrived in the royal palace, and amidst exhilarated uproar and auspicious music, they waited for the event to start though there were almost two praharas left for the muhurta that was decided.

"Nothing feels the same without Arjuna!" Ashvatthama sat down beside the other guests in the vast hall that was reverberating with celebratory songs and dances.

"It seems like the princess of Panchala is a bad omen for Arjuna!" Karna commented casually. "Who knows it better than you, Drauni, about the Panchalas' reputation!"

The son of Drona fell silent while Duryodhana and Dushasana laughed loudly. Some distance away from there, Dhrishtadyumna would have almost broken the pillars of the palace if his sister did not hold his arm firmly.

"Dhrishtadyumna, we need not care about AngaRaja's comment. He's just the eldest Dhartarashtra's companion!" Krishnaa advised him but her twin averted his face angrily.

"Krishnaa, I'm telling you, if they put any allegation on you regarding Bhaginipati Arjuna's exile, I will not tolerate it for propriety and all!"

"Arjuna would never have such an opinion, and none of my family members do, Dhrishta. Others do not have the right to speak in this matter!"

"What if Bhaginipati develops such an opinion after facing the hardships of the exile, Krishnaa?" He questioned concernedly once they both left the ceremonial hall and were walking in the corridors outside.

"He didn't venture into exile without knowing what it is, Dhrishta. He made this noble sacrifice for the honour of his dynasty and the welfare of his family. His family includes me and my child, and it is for our welfare that he had to act that night without a second thought," Krishnaa sighed as the memory flashed in her mind. "Though he had every chance to escape the penalty as well, citing the reasons of the kingdom and responsibilities, it was for my respect and dignity that he chose to put himself through this exile. Arjuna loves me and cares for me immensely. He would never put any unfair blame on me."

Dhrishtadyumna nodded his head smilingly and turned to the front to continue their walk, but the scene before them stopped the siblings from moving further. Drona was obstructing their path with a serious expression on his face, and Drupada accompanied him. The two children of the Panchala King greeted the son of Bharadvaja by joining their palms and the latter shook his head slightly in acknowledgement.

"Acharya, do you need something?" The Pandava Queen asked him humbly to know what made him stop her and her brother in the pathway.

"Your thoughts are not going in the right direction, Draupadi." Drona crossed his arms gravely. "Arjuna honours his Dharma and his truth the foremost. If you think that he is in exile for twelve years just for the sake of his love and affection for you, you are living in some illusion. Weren't you taught the significance of vows and rules, and one's adherence to them?"