|| Chaturdashadhikashatam: At Home Again ||

"You woke up already?" Arjuna looked up at his wife who didn't sleep for more than a muhurta of time

"You woke up already?" Arjuna looked up at his wife who didn't sleep for more than a muhurta of time. The baby was playing with his father's thick curls in fascination, wrapping and unwrapping them around his thin fist, placing his chin on the former's shoulder.

"Why do you sound so disappointed?" She eyed him suspiciously. "I'm not planning to disturb you both!"

"I'm not disappointed, Parshati, you are jealous of me and my son!" Arjuna's lips curved into a light smirk as she grimaced, turning her face away. "I'm concerned about your health, Krishnaa. You need rest and you are not getting continuous sleep for at least a prahara, and that's not a good thing!"

"You had promised that you would make space for both of us but you are holding him alone!" Krishnaa pulled her knees towards her bosom and hid her face in her knees, sobbing.

"Krishnaa!" Arjuna shook his head in exasperation as he slowly made the baby lie on the soft mattress on the bed. When his father's affectionate warmth left his body, the baby let out a loud cry of protest, startling the father.

"A moment, baby, just a moment, I'll take you again!" Arjuna heaved as he carefully pulled the mother of his baby into his lap as she immediately put her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. "Krishnaa, let me-"

The baby cried and babbled, pressing his lips angrily as he searched for his father's proximity. Arjuna quickly bent forward and gathered his son in his arms, quietening him in a second. He supported his child on the other side of his lap, placing his one arm below his head as his wife was seated on one side, snuggling into his chest. He glanced at the mother and the son alternatively, their faces having the same kind of sullen expressions which were gradually turning into cheerful ones as they had come close to him.

His arms were full. His heart was full. He smiled fondly at his beloved wife and his beloved son who had driven away every trace of void from his life. Completeness was all that he could feel.

He suddenly noticed that Krishnaa's palm was holding their baby's wrist caringly and then he realized that the baby was gazing at her with his eyes wide, gurgling happily at intervals. She shifted a bit towards the right and straightened herself, picking her child up and placing him on her own lap. As the mother and the baby cuddled with each other, their giggles resonating across the chamber, the father sighed to himself in amusement.

"You both have planned to trouble me together?" Arjuna quipped.

"Any objection?" She side-glanced at him as he was facing her back.

"Nothing at all!" He enclosed them in his arms by embracing them from behind, and pressing a teasing kiss to her cheek. "Because there will also be those times when you will be troubled by me and my baby!"

|| ArjunaPriyā: Flames On The Waves || ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara