|| Saptasaptati: Resurrecting Bonds ||

When Arjuna had woken up from his sleep, it was post noon

When Arjuna had woken up from his sleep, it was post noon. Krishnaa wasn't in the chamber and he was informed by her handmaidens that the guests were leaving for their respective kingdoms soon. After freshening up, he reached the entrance of the palace where the rest of the family were present. The Kashi family was taking leave first, and Vrikodara went along with them to escort them till the outskirts. They were followed by the Panchalas. Krishnaa was weeping relentlessly as she embraced her father. This stay was not at all a peaceful one for her family. Her clan and her father were insulted by Satyaki, and though the wrongdoer was punished, the hurt of the Panchalas and their daughter couldn't be assuaged quickly. As she was bidding farewell to every one of her family with tears, she reached her twin Dhrishtadyumna who forwarded his palm and wiped her tears with a soft smile on his face.

"Krishnaa, I'm not going!" He revealed, taking everyone by surprise. "Why are you all looking at me like that? It's been more than two years since we met Krishnaa. The last time was when Shrutasena was born and this time, I couldn't spend enough time with my sister. That's why my wife and I have chosen to stay back. Moreover, my daughter also wants to stay!"

Dhrishtadyumna's seven-year-old daughter nodded her head vigorously. Krishnaa smiled at the girl who jumped and hugged her knees. Arjuna smiled at the adorable scene, though in his heart, he knew the real reason behind his brother-in-law's extended stay. He wouldn't leave before he gets assured about him and Krishnaa.

"Alright, Putra!" Drupada acceded. "The regular affairs are manageable for us but if you are particularly needed for anything crucial, I'll notify you."

"Take care, Putri!" Prishati kissed her daughter's forehead who blinked her eyes and mumbled the same. All the Panchalas took leave from Krishnaa and ascended their respective vehicles.

"Pita!" Arjuna called out to Drupada before his chariot could start. "Let me drive you till the outskirts!"

Sahadeva, who was already walking ahead of the vehicles to send off the Panchalas, walked back at Arjuna's words. Arjuna glanced beseechingly at his brother and Sahadeva dipped his chin, signalling his acceptance.

"Don't you want to send off the Yadavas, Arjuna?" Drupada questioned. "You are their only son-in-law. It's not appropriate for you to leave them like that. I'll take MadriNandana with me."

"True, Pita, I'm their only son-in-law. But Jyeshtha is also their cousin. My relationship with them is new and our bond from the start was always that of blood relations. Hence, my brother shall go with them and I'll go with you."

"Fine!" Drupada said as Arjuna sighed in relief and immediately took up the reins of the chariot once the charioteer descended down. Krishnaa closed her eyes and let out a small sigh. Arjuna couldn't welcome the Panchalas but he took a front seat in their farewell at least. Things were getting a bit better. He was pushing himself to make everything right.