|| Ashtachatvarimshat: Bridge Of Letters ||

'What was the purpose behind sending your wife in the attire of a milkmaid? Do you think I've turned egoistic and you can satisfy my ego by showing that she is inferior to me? Or do you have the audacity to think that I feel threatened by her arri...

'What was the purpose behind sending your wife in the attire of a milkmaid? Do you think I've turned egoistic and you can satisfy my ego by showing that she is inferior to me? Or do you have the audacity to think that I feel threatened by her arrival? Rajakumara Arjuna, don't forget that I'm the Queen and you are the commander-in-chief of Indraprastha. No matter whom you marry, she cannot be a threat to my authority. Even if you think that my words are boastful, there's no problem in that. If you can take advantage of my love, I can very well take advantage of my own status.

~ Maharani Krishnaa Panchali

Arjuna read the letter again and again, and he let out a sigh of relief at the end. At least she sent him something and there was no cold war between them that would have been suffocating for him. The flames of her assertion and her confidence light up his heart as it always did. Perhaps if it was someone else in his place, they would have taken offense to her words but he couldn't. Because that was their truth. She was his queen and he had no qualms in being subordinate to her. Only if he did not neglect that truth when he needed to remember it the most, there would have been no distance between them on this day when they were supposed to reunite with each other.

How honest and truthful she is!
She was communicating with him whatever she thought about what he did instead of keeping it to herself, even if there was no harmony between them. Unlike him. Though he had let her down, she was still keeping the promises of their love and their relationship. She had said that their bond had loosened and she wasn't obliged to do anything for him but she was still just towards that loosened bond of theirs. Because she was Krishnaa and Krishnaa was always forthright, the Krishnaa whom his heart worshipped. Only if his actions in the past two years weren't as foolhardy as they were, he wouldn't have to stay separate from her after pining for her love for years and years.

With the letter in his hands, he walked inside Subhadra's chamber in the second prahara of the night. She was already asleep so he tip-toed towards the study area and tried to light a lamp so that he could write a letter in reply. But still the sounds had woken Subhadra up and noticing the light in the study, she walked in that direction.

"Svami, what are you doing?"

"I'm sorry for disturbing you, Subhadra, I had to write this letter urgently!" He finished writing and wrapped the letter. "I had thought of writing in the armory but since I've not been there for twelve years, I wasn't finding the writing tools there."

"But why are you writing late at night? Whom do you have to send it to?"

"To Krishnaa!" He answered hurriedly and was about to leave to make sure that the letter reached the queen.

"But she has made it clear that she hasn't forgiven you, right? Why are you disturbing her too at this late hour?"

He shook his head in negation and said, "She just sent me a letter and I'm responding back. It's not about all that."