Rayquaza Dragon Ascents to DEATH BATTLE

(Rayquaza Battle Music - Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire)

Jack: 3,000 years ago, during Hoenn's primal age, the world was overflowing with natural energy from there, two Legendary Pokemon were born. Groudon, the Continent Pokemon who raises the land and bring droughts. And Kyogre, the Sea Basin Pokemon who raises the sea and bring floods.

Emma: Groudon and Kyogre have fought each other for that same energy, creating natural disaster in the process and resulted in the creation of the Hoenn region. The world suffered from repeated droughts and floods as their unfathomable power clashed. Many feared would they could destroy the world if nothing was done to stop them.

Jack: But in the midst of their battle, a third Legendary Pokemon would arise: the Sky High Pokemon, Rayquaza. His own power proved more than a match for rulers of the land and sea, and quelled their feud, causing them to retreat. And since that fateful day, many people would praise Rayquaza as he would watch over the world should Groudon and Kyogre awaken to restart their battle.

Rayquaza

Air Lock (Negates all weather effects such as Rain Dance or Sunny Day)

Delta Stream (Removes all weaknesses of Flying Type)

Dragon Pulse

Dragon Claw

Dragon Ascent

Outrage

Twister

Air Slash

Fly

Dragon Ascent

Crunch

Ancient Power

Extreme Speed

Hyper Beam

Hyper Voice

Mega Rayquaza form

Jack: Rayquaza's Ability, Air Lock, negates any weather effects on the battlefield. His Dragon Claw is a deadly close combat attack which his claws powered by draconic energy. Extreme Speed is where he attacks in an extreme fast pace and Ancient Power allows him to throw magical rocks at the foe.

Emma: Rayquaza seems to specialize in breath attacks which is why he has the likes of Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse, and Hyper Beam. Dragon Pulse generates a huge shock wave of draconic energy from his mouth and Hyper Beam is where he he fires a huge energy beam. And with Dragon Ascent, he flies up the sky before attacking at very high speeds.

Popup: A Pokemon must rest after using Hyper Beam, yet Rayquaza had been able to fire multiple Hyper Beams without exhaustion and use Ice Beam in the movie "Destiny Deoxys".

Jack: Oh, we're not done yet. You see, Rayquaza can tap into the power of Mega Evolution without the assistance of a trainer and transforms into Mega Rayquaza. This form boosts all of Rayquaza's stats up to eleven and has a new Ability called Delta Stream.

Emma: Delta Stream allows Mega Rayquaza to affect the weather itself and remove all weaknesses from it's Flying Type attribute.

Feats

Tied with Mega Mewtwo for the highest Base Stat Total of any Pokemon: 780 (This outclasses even Arceus who only has a base stat total of 720, despite Arceus being the creator of the Pokemon universe)

Mega Rayquaza is the only Gen 6 pokemon that is in the unique 'Anything Goes' tier in tournament play; a tier so high that it is basically banned from any tournament.

Defeated Deoxys, Mega Charizard X, Mega Metagross, Primal Groudon And Primal Kyogre

Fast enough to create Tornadoes (In Hoopa And Clash Of Ages)

Can travel 87x the speed of sound (using Dragon Ascent)

Fast enough to dodge homing missiles

Killed Deoxys in their first encounter

Destroyed the Grand Meteor Delta, which could've obliterated the planet

Overpowered Giratina and Kyurem

Stopped Groudon and Kyogre from destroying the Earth multiple times

Lives comfortably in the upper atmosphere of Earth

Not affected by any Ground Type moves

Known to eat meteors in the sky

Jack: Rayquaza has repeatedly been shown to handle both Groudon and Kyogre at the same time and even one-shot them in their Primal forms as Mega Rayquaza, has overpowered Mega Charizard X and Meta Megatross and Rayquaza has equally fought on even grounds with his rival Deoxys in all of its forms. Deoxys is fast enough to reveal the galaxy in 10 days while carrying the Grand Meteor Delta. Travelling at speeds about 6 trillions times FTL.

Emma: Speaking of Grand Meteor Delta, Rayquaza used a Hyper Beam to destroy it otherwise it would've destroyed the planet. Based on the size of the meteor and the energy needed to destroy it, Rayquaza delivered an output worth 896.53 Zettatons of TNT. Deoxys also matched Mega Mewtwo X who in turned has fought 50% Zygarde and base Necrozma, the latter who has absorbed all the light in Ultra Space, an interdimensional space.

Jack: And since some Legendary Pokemon scales to each other, it's likely Rayquaza could rival Necrozma in power.

Weaknesses

Ice-Type moves does 4x damage to Dragon/Flying

Dragon-Type moves are useless against Fairy-Type

Weak against Fairy, Dragon, Ice and Rock-Types

Was overwhelmed by the greeting robots in Destiny Deoxys

Dragon Ascent lowers the defenses

Defeated by Deoxys

Dream Cynthia's Rayquaza was defeated by Ash's Pikachu

While smart and can think, Rayquaza does not form battle strategies

Dragon Ascent lowers Defense and Spec. Defense

Emma: But Legendary Pokemon or not, Rayquaza has weaknesses. Being a Dragon/Flying Type means he's weak against, Rock, Dragon, Fairy and Ice Type moves, with Fairy being outright immune to Dragon and Ice dealing 4x damage to Rayquaza.

Jack: And despite its strength, Rayquaza was somehow easily overwhelmed by robots. Not to mention using Dragon Ascent lowers his Defense and Spec. Defense with each use. And he's not dumb, Rayquaza still relies on instinct so a more stragetic opponent could outsmart him.

Emma: But even then, Rayquaza is a force of nature to be reckoned with. As the master of the Weather Trio, this is one Legendary Pokemon you wouldn't wanna mess with.

Rayquaza descends between Groudon and Kyogre before letting out an ear-piercing draconic screech. The screech pacifies the Continent and Sea Basin Pokemons as they retreated underground.

With his job done and the world no longer threatened, the Sky High Pokemon gave a victorious roar and ascends once more and disappears into the sky. The rains and earthquake stopped as the sun shines brightly.