Washington 2006

As soon as Serafina approached, she could sense something was off. She didn't know what it was but immediately zipped her way to her wife's familiar presence. When she entered, she saw Edward with a more prominent frown than usual. He was front and center. This turned Serafina's smile at the prospect of seeing her wife into a look of confusion. Why was he there? The honeymoon should have lasted longer, she thought.

Her gaze shifted past Edward, and she saw the human holding her wife's forearm as her wife supported her back. The two sat side by side. Serafina's brows knitted together, her anger simmering as she observed the trio. She was oblivious to the others in the house, focusing solely on the scene unfolding before her. Her fingers twitched with the intensity of her emotions.

Rosalie could sense her mate's anger and only looked at her apologetically as she helped Bella get comfortable. She then kept a short distance between the two. She glared at Edward's back as he stepped closer to Serafina, "Please talk to her," Edward practically begged.

Confusion clouded Serafina's mind. She turned her attention back to her wife, who was now supporting the ailing human. The absence of Jasper, Emmett, Esme, or Alice was conspicuous, their voices the only indication of their presence. In the room, it was only Edward, Rosalie, and Bella. At least until Carlisle approached to greet her, he still had to keep a distance from the sofa with Rosalie and Bella. Rosalie, in particular, seemed to be a shield, fiercely protective of the human, keeping both men at bay.

"¿Qué está pasando aquí?" she finally asked.

"It's horrible!" Alice said, zipping into the room. She was immediately followed by Jasper, who put his arms around her shoulders to relax her. He rested his chin on her head as he hugged her from behind.

Before she could ask what was horrible, Emmett's voice sounded from the other end of the house. "It's blocking Alice's reception, and she's really peeved about it," he said as he made his way into the room.

Serafina was still confused and looked at her wife, "It's a baby-" she began to explain with a smile.

"We don't know that," Alice and Edward said simultaneously. Both were visibly agitated.

"No idea," Emmett shrugged.

Rosalie glared at her siblings before moving the blanket from Bella to reveal her stomach to Serafina. She thought she would understand as soon as she saw it but was shocked by the response.

"What the fuck is that?" Serafina asked, immediately igniting herself ablaze, "Is that the fucking Diablo? No wait! The antichrist?" Serafina became panicked as she began signaling Rosalie to move away from Bella.

Rosalie wasn't the only one shocked by her response. Most in the room had their mouths hanging wide as they saw her reaction. Edward's head hung low, and he became more distraught as he heard her inner panic at the prospect of the antichrist being so close to her mate. He could hear all of her fears echoing through her mind: antichrist, demon, monster.

Jasper coughed to try to clarify the misunderstanding. "The antichrist grows normally within the mother's womb," he said as he sent her some calming feelings, "That's growing too fast to be it."