90

As December approached, Esme began wanting to have the family together. With her family split up, she figured this would be the perfect excuse to get them back together again. She sent notice to her missing children but was sadly disappointed when she received apologies from the three that they wouldn't be able to make it.

Emmett and Alice saw her crestfallen face when Rosalie called her over the phone to say they couldn't make it to their home for the holiday. Edward didn't even answer the call. He returned an email saying he was out of the country and couldn't make it. Esme didn't say anything else after receiving the refusals. She only sighed and continued decorating the living room. She put a big smile on her face for her other children. But her excitement diminished quite a bit. Jasper felt that sadness and confirmed the other's suspicions that it affected her more than she let on.

Emmett decided to call Serafina, "Why aren't you guys coming for Christmas?" he huffed.

"We figured we'd have a quiet and intimate Christmas alone. We already settled on gifts with everyone after all, right?" she answered.

"But mom wants us all together!" Alice chimed in.

"Is Eduardo going?" Serafina asked.

Silence was on the line momentarily as the two siblings looked at each other, unsure if they should lie.

"No," Jasper finally answered. He received glares from his wife and brother.

"Then we won't all be together anyways," Serafina shrugged as she prepared to disconnect the call.

The two siblings could hear a hint of finality in her tone, "Please? Mom's upset," Alice pleaded.

Rosalie was going through her emails on the other end of the home when she received a new one from Emmett. She was curious about what he wanted and opened it quickly. She instantly regretted it after seeing the photo.

"Babe?" she yelled out.

"Hold on," Serafina said to Alice's pleas as she covered the phone, "Yes, Rosa?" she called back.

"Are you talking to Alice, Emmett, and Jasper?" she asked suddenly.

Serafina blinked in surprise for a moment. She was impressed since they were on opposite ends of their massive two-floor NYC home. She didn't think Rosalie could hear them over the phone from that distance.

"Yes, how did you know?" Serafina asked.

"What do they want?" Rosalie ignored her question.

"They want us home for Christmas," Serafina answered.

Rosalie sighed and couldn't help massaging her temples in annoyance, "Why?"

"Mom's sad because we're not going," Serafina explained.

"Is Edward even going?" Rosalie glared.