|| Trayadhikashatam: To Kampilya ||

Start from the beginning

"Arjuna, you are my tranquility and when you are not calm, I can never be. If you will not share these feelings with me, how can I feel free to share mine with you?" Krishnaa gently placed her palm in his hair and stroked lovingly. "It should be a two-way relationship and there should be equality. If you are holding space for my emotions, I will do the same for yours, Priyathama."

"Fragility can be quite fearsome..." Arjuna inhaled, feeling comfort through the touch of her hand on his head. "My heart wishes that I share every moment of my life with you, never bereft of you, never..."

"Don't I know all these feelings? Haven't I experienced them well?" She shook her head with a soft smile. "Do you remember this, Arjuna? You had once told me that fragility is strength. It's from fragility that we derive the strength to fight away anything that can threaten our fragility. If everything feels fragile, Arjuna, it will make you stronger to face every challenge."

"No, Krishnaa, I..." He held her cheek, looking into her lotus eyes with tears in his own eyes. "I don't want to be strong if the cost is any sort of separation from you. I want you, Priyaa, I need you... is it wrong to have such a desire?"

"No, it is not. To desire your beloved's company is not wrong at all." She sighed, letting her tears fall. "When Devi Sati had left her mortal body, Mrityunjaya himself had grieved uncontrollably. When Devi Sita was abducted by Ravana, Sri Rama couldn't bear that separation. This had been the rule of the creation itself. But I promise, Arjuna, I won't let it happen again. We will never be separated again."

"Just... hold me like this forever..." He hugged her possessively, though it was not the kind of possessiveness that bound her to him but something that bound both of them to each other, not with any proprietary rights but with a pious emotion called love.

"I love you with all my heart and soul, with all my life," Krishnaa whispered, rubbing his back comfortingly and then she slowly parted, taking his palm and placing it near her heart. "You are here and you can never go away from here! I'll never let you go! Understood?"

He couldn't help but smile softly as her expression turned a bit babyish as she pouted, pulling his arm around her and clinging to him firmly. "And I'm your ardent worshipper, Priyathamaa..."

Crimson shaded her countenance as she snuggled into his chest, hiding herself. He wasn't wrong. His love had always been like that. He thought about her comfort, her welfare, her honor and her happiness above everything else. He never had once thought about exercising his rights on her, instead he viewed her as a responsibility that he gladly chose for himself. He adored her for what she was, for her individuality, and not only for being his wife. His love was no less than worship and that love of his inspired, commanded and urged her to worship him the way he did.

______

The Dakshina Panchala was celebrating the homecoming of their daughter Panchali, their son-in-law Arjuna and their four grandsons with much gaiety and grandeur. As the chariots from the Indraprastha entered Kampilya, the populace thronged on the streets enthusiastically. The Panchala Princes had come to the entrance of the city to receive their sister, brother-in-law and nephews. Flowers and colors were thrown in the air, melodious musical instruments were played and skilled dancers were twirling gracefully as the Princes of the Somaka lineage greeted their sister's family. Satyajit, Shikhandi, Yudhamanyu and Uttamaujas lifted Prativindhya, Sutasoma, Shatanika and  Shrutasena in their arms as the rest of them headed by Dhrishtadyumna walked towards Arjuna's chariot.

"May I take the reins of the chariot?" The twin of Krishnaa requested Puru who acquiesced and got down from his seat. Dhrishtadyumna climbed up and started driving the chariot towards the palace whereas the other brothers mounted their respective horses. The UpaPandavas travelled on the horses along with their uncles, following the chariot that Dhrishtadyumna was driving, carrying Arjuna and Krishnaa.

At the royal palace of Southern Panchala, the remaining members of the Somaka family awaited Krishnaa, Arjuna and the Kaarshneyas. Reaching the palace and coming down from their chariot, the daughter of Drupada and the son of Pandu walked towards the King and the Queen of Panchala. The royal couple blessed them by placing their hands on their heads as they sought their blessings by their feet. Prishati hugged her daughter as Drupada embraced his son-in-law, their absolute happiness at their presence at Kampilya together after so many years. The grandparents also took their grandchildren in their arms, placing affectionate kisses on their heads.

Shikhandi's wife, the Princess of Dasharna, handed over the Aarati plate to her mother-in-law who took it and circled the plate before Krishnaa and Arjuna. She dipped her fingers in the  box of kumkuma and adorned it on the foreheads of her daughter and her son-in-law. She could not ignore the special glow on Krishnaa's face which was not present the last time they met, and Arjuna too was beaming very unlike anytime before. She had seen them together even in the past but this extra shade of delight in their smiles was something she was witnessing for the first time. She wondered if that's how it would be if a couple in love reunited with each other after a long period of time, after facing many ups and downs that challenged their bond.

Drupada could also sense that there was a new connection between the couple that was discernible through the way they stood with each other, looked at each other and the way Arjuna was seeming overprotective of Krishnaa. Arjuna had been holding Krishnaa's hand without leaving it from the time she climbed down the chariot.

"Is there something that we need to know, Krishnaa and Arjuna?"

Arjuna and Krishnaa glanced at each other, a light flush spreading through their cheeks as their grip on each other's palm tightened unknowingly. They hadn't sent a message to Panchala regarding Krishnaa's pregnancy as they had planned to inform them directly but when they were finally supposed to it, a wave of shyness washed over them.

______