Sixty-Two

As Wren stood on the side of the stage, her heart swelled with pride and admiration as she watched Jungkook and the other members. The energy of the crowd was electrifying, pulsating through the air as the music filled the outdoor venue.

Unable to contain her excitement, Wren found herself dancing and singing along to the music, her eyes never leaving Jungkook as he moved  across the stage. He was positively enchanting. Everything about him. His dancing, his voice. Every beat of the music seemed to reverberate through her veins, igniting a fire within her soul as she lost herself in the magic of the moment.

There wasn't much time to see each other between songs but every once in a while if time would permit Jungkook leaned in to press a soft kiss to her lips just before heading out on stage again.  Wren's heart fluttered every time he did it, feeling like she was living in a dream. 

She was dating Jeon Jungkook. One of the biggest idols in all of Korea. She found herself laughing at the impossibility of it all, shocked as she stared out at him on the stage, she pinched herself a few times just to make sure she was really there. 

As the concert drew to a close and the boys took their final bow, Wren realized with a start just how long she had been standing on the sidelines, completely lost in the magic of the moment. But any sense of fatigue was overshadowed by the sheer joy and excitement she felt at being able to witness such an incredible performance.

Backstage the atmosphere was buzzing with excitement as the band was congratulated and everyone applauded each other for their efforts. Wren liked seeing how friendly everyone was—the staff and the band. They were all like a big family. 

Wren caught sight of Jungkook amidst the chaos of people, costumes, and equipment and he was glistening with sweat, a huge smile on his face. When he spotted her, he quickly pulled her into a tight hug. 

"What did you think?" he whispered into her ear. 

"It was incredible, you guys did great." 

As they pulled apart Jimin came bouncing over to them, his smile infectious. 

"You coming to the after party?" he asked Jungkook. 

"We gunna do a live?" J-hope joined the conversation, also still trying to catch his breathe. 

"I don't know, I was hoping—" Jungkook started to say but was subsequently interrupted. 

"You and Wren can go off alone together after the live. Pleaasseeee," V interjected going up behind Jungkook to hug him around the shoulders. 

"Alright, Alright," Jungkook said, laughing. 

"You go do your thing. Meet me at your hotel room later?"

 Jimin, J-hope, and V all said at the exact same time, and in the exact same tone. 

"Ohhhhhhhhhh. . ."  

Jungkook rolled his eyes.

To avoid a long drive home the band had booked rooms at the hotel near the venue. Jungkook had gotten her and Sang their own rooms as well so she could stay over night too and not have to make the four hour drive back to Seoul super late. 

"Of course. Are you sure you're okay driving back with Sang?" 

"Yeah I need to get settled anyway." She kissed his cheek ignoring the teasing from the other members as they giggled and shoved each other like middle school boys. 

"Alright. Be safe. I'll see you soon," he said, giving her a quick kiss before he was dragged back into the post-concert chaos. 

***

After bidding farewell to the cast and the band members, Sang and Wren drove to the hotel. It took a minute with all the traffic, but eventually they arrived and they made it up to their rooms. When they got there they discovered that Jungkook had gotten her a massive suite. It was huge, and Wren's mouth dropped open when she saw the big King bed and the floor to ceiling windows overlooking the city.  

"Wow," Sang whistled. 

"Wow is right," Wren agreed as Sang helped her with her luggage. Once all her bags were inside he gave her the usual rundown of safety tips and reminded her that he was next door if she needed him.

Once he left, Wren looked around the room, unsure what to do while she waited for Jungkook. She was not tired at all despite the days events and grabbed her toiletries out of the suitcase, taking them into the luxurious bathroom.  She filled the bathtub with warm water, adding a few drops of bubble bath that the hotel provided. It smelled incredible despite being hotel soap and once the bubbles reached an acceptable level she sank into the steaming water. 

After luxuriating in the bath for thirty minutes, Wren emerged feeling renewed and invigorated. She wrapped herself in a plush towel and made her way to the vanity. Her smokey eye was a bit smudged so she carefully reapplied her makeup, opting for a soft and sultry look that complemented her features.

With her makeup redone, Wren lifted her suitcase onto her bed and opened it to find her clothes neatly folded. At first she reached for the cotton pajamas she'd packed, then she stopped. Folded beneath the pajama set was the silky floral lingerie she'd recently bought at the boutique. She'd thrown it in last minute, unsure where the night might lead. 

She hesitated. Wondering how he might react if she wore it. What if he rejected her? What if he hated it? She cursed under her breathe. Why was she overthinking it? 

She lifted up the cami to admire the delicate lace and silky fabric in the dim light of the hotel lamp. She decided to go for it and she slipped into the lingerie. She was very careful with it, as it was a very delicate piece of clothing. But eventually she got it on, and she went to look at herself in the mirror. 

It was a beautiful piece of clothing. But she couldn't help but notice that the little dress fell just above the scar on her thigh. Where she'd been shot. 

Wren touched the little round raised section of tissue that had healed. And she felt a twinge of dull phantom pain as she thought back to that dreadful day. 

She looked back up at herself, and steeled her features. 

She'd survived. There was no reason to feel self conscious or worried about how the scar looked. 

Wren focused on the way the garment hugged her curves in all the right places, accentuating her figure she'd worked so hard to build. And she found herself blushing a little, never having worn something so revealing before. But she had to admit. . . she sorta liked it.

As she waited for Jungkook to arrive the suspense was almost too much to bear. She straightened out the pillows, folded her clothes again, adjusted the lights, smoothed out the comforter — anything to keep her mind busy. 

A knock sounded at the door a few minutes later, and Wren jumped a little in surprise. 

She sucked in a deep breath trying to calm her nerves—then counting to three she reached for the door handle and opened the door.

A/N: 

I honestly had no idea this was going to happen. Sorta just ended up here haha ~ Sasha xoxo