Thirty-Two

Wren let out a little squeal the next day when she found a plethora of her outfits strewn across the hardwood floors of Jungkook's apartment.

All with holes in them.

Wren picked up each piece like breadcrumbs, inspecting her shirts and pants that now had little tiny tears throughout. Some were bigger than others. And a few were spared, but her sleep shirt and a couple of her day shirts she'd packed were ruined.

Wren's little scream brought Jungkook out into the living room area, and he looked at the chaos with wide eyes.

"What happened in here, are you okay?"

"My clothes," she squeaked. "There's a bunch of holes in them."

She'd only packed a few items because she knew it would probably only be a couple days. But now she had no pajamas, and she'd have to wear two outfits for the rest of the time she was there.

Realization dawned on Jungkook's face and he turned around to see Bam siting in the hallway with a guilty look on his face.

"Bam, did you do this?" Jungkook scolded.

The dog whined, lying down and putting his paws over his nose.

Wren cursed under her breathe. Not wanting to get mad at Bam but also frustrated because most of her clothes now had holes.

"He must be anxious because of the storm," Jungkook said, taking Bam and bringing to his kennel. "I'm sorry, Wren. I'll buy you new ones."

The typhoon still raged outside. Some of the winds had been reported on the news to be as high as 100 mph and some people had even been killed in the storm. She could see why the pup was anxious. She was anxious too.

"Don't worry about it," she said. "I'm not mad about the clothes, I just don't have anything to wear to bed now."

"You can barrow one of my shirts tonight," he said casually.

"Thanks," she said as she finished folding up the torn pieces of her clothes and stuffed them back into her duffel. She proceeded to put her bag into the guest bathroom and shut the door to be safe.

The internet was in and out throughout the day but when it finally came back on again a few hours later, both Wren and Jungkook took advantage of it. Wren did her homework and Jungkook checked in on work stuff.

He was in his office most the day while Wren lounged in the living room trying to focus with the crazy weather outside the windows.

When dinner rolled around they made some Ramyeon again, and it felt like they were settling into a routine of sorts.

After dinner and cleaning up the dishes Wren awkwardly set her bowl in the sink and then turned to face Jungkook.

"What do you wanna do tonight?" she asked, and his brow furrowed, thinking deeply on the question. 

"How about a game?" he asked, and Wren found herself nodding. 

"Okay, yeah. Why not." 

Jungkook went down the hall to find a few games and returned with a plethora of boxes in her arms. He set them on the coffee table and spread them out so they could see all the choices. 

"What do you wanna play?" he asked, rubbing his palms together. 

"How about Halli Galli?" Wren said, and Jungkook grinned. 

"I was hoping you'd say that." 

He moved all the other choices off the coffee table and then proceeded to set up the game. Wren felt like a little kid again when she played Halli Galli. It was a game easily played with  2 to 6 players. The goal is to ring the bell when the number of the same type of fruit on the cards adds up to 5.