47: Transcendence

WARNING: EXPLICIT LOVE MAKING LIES AHEAD SO PREPARE YASELVES. RAE AND ROTO HAVE SNAPPED. GET COLD BATHS TOGETHER IF YOU NEED EM CAUSE AIN'T NO GAMES BEEN PLAYED THIS CHAPTER. THANK YOU.

Soundtrack:

(LISTENING TO IT WHILE READING IS ENCOURAGED)

Sabrina Claudio-Belong to You

Sabrina Claudio-Stand Still

Sabrina Claudio-All to You Sabrina Claudio-Orion's BeltJill Scott-I'm Not Afraid

    The smell of lush green and wood drifted into their nostrils and the sun was still so bright as it bared down on them. It was mid June and they'd traveled down to Kyoto for her first Iwase celebration of the season. Summer Solstice. Apparently, it was a big thing; reason why everybody and they mama had gathered here.

"Baby where we goin?" She asked, blowing hair up that had fallen from her braid.

"Just a bit further anata." The pounding of the feet against stone made her swallow and she pitied the man who carried them on the rickshaw. Soon, they came upon massive torii, brilliantly red. Her mouth dropped open and she was at a loss for words as the man slowly lowered them. IWASE carved in stone sat outside the torii. Looking up at him, she watched as he smiled and got out of the seat, helping her out.

"Roto...this is your family property?" He smiled handsomely with a brief nod.

"Mm. It's one of our original family homes." She'd never seen this place before. The beauty of it all was making her dizzy. Turning, he bowed before the man and paid him. Thanking them, he took off. Coming to smile handsomely, he nodded his head towards the huge house.

"Ready?"

"Yep."

***

It was a bit of a walk from the main entrance but once they'd arrived, he let out a breath. All of it screamed home. Coming to help Rae up onto the small bridge leading to the main house, he took in her expression. Water surrounded them, lily pads and flowers floated so delicately up top and still she hadn't said a word.

"Rae?" Turning eyes onto him, she took a breath.

"I'm... speechless baby. It's... it's so beautiful here." Feeling his cheeks warm, he pulled her closer.

"I'm glad you feel at home here."

"Of course."

"Hey, you made it!" They turned to find Tomoya walking up the stone path.

"Tomo, good to see you."

"Yeah, same here. Rae, oh my God you're a vision!" Pursing her lips playfully, she crossed her arms.

"Still flirty as hell I see. You ain't ever learned."

"We Iwase men like to do things the hard way if you haven't already found that out." He replied with a flirty wink.

"Getcho cousin Hiroto." He grinned while Roto smirked.

"Ooh hoo hoo. Still feisty as ever too. Damn."

"You're going to get punched Tomo." He said, laugh deeply humored.

"Tomoya, leave Rae alone." The sound of Hana's voice made her squeal and she ran past him to engulf her in a hug.