31: Bonnie and Clyde

Sade-No Ordinary Love

Sade-Sweetest Taboo

  "Rae?" She looked up from the table.

"Atmikha." She blinked in surprise and eyed a man.

"You are?" He stood and bowed.

"I am Iwase Hiroto." Eyes wide, she turned them back on her. She smiled some and stood up.

"I know we don't have an appointment. We can come back-" Atmikha waved.

"No, it's no problem at all! I was just about to take my lunch break. Follow me." Gently gripping Roto's hand, she led him into the familiar and comforting space. The smell of incense wafted through the air and she inhaled deeply.

"So, you are Hiroto." He turned to look at her and bowed his head.

"Yes ma'am."

"My, she told me you were handsome but goodness." He blushed.

"Thank you." She smiled in a friendly manner and eyes her.

"Rae, I know that there's a story you have to tell. What's happened?" Tears welled up in her eyes.

"I don't even know where to start. So much... has-has happened... you were the only one I could come to...."

"Precious sister..." Atmikha's arms surrounded her and she rubbed her back in circles until the cries calmed down some.

"God, I got your blouse wet." She said in an apologetic tone, wiping the tears from her cheeks.

"It's okay. Come, sit." She sat down.

"Hiroto come sit too." He bowed his head and sat down next to her, his hands into fists on his knees.

"Remember the two men I told you about?"

"I do..."

"They kidnapped me and held me captive for almost a whole entire week."

"Oh my God." In all of their sessions, she had only seen Atmikha tear up once. But tears flowed from her eyes and it unsettled her.

"Rae..."

"They drugged me and everything."

"Did they rape you?" She glanced over at Hiroto who sat straight and stiff, his fists growing tighter.

"It never once felt that way...like they did..." She looked down at her fingers.

"How did you get away?"

"They had grown sloppy and left me completely untied one night. As I felt myself come down off my high I knew it was then or never. So I did the best I could and dragged myself to the door. My legs weren't workin just yet." Both of them listened intently, waiting for her next word.

"James helped me get out."

"James?"

"He's saved me twice now. When I was little... he was the one who helped me get away. Now... now he's dead..."

"How do you know that?" She looked up at Atmikha.

"I know Peter. He probably killed him once he found I was gone...And James...he..he knew he was gonna die if he helped me. But... he did it anyway. He did it again." She felt unshed tears rise up. Atmikha sighed sadly.