11: You

The entire evening had long since gotten on her nerves and she didn't think she could handle any more of the prim, proper and snooty. Antonio surely was having a ball. He was taking full advantage of the fact that she couldn't do much and because of that he had put his hands all around her. He was lucky they were at this event or else she woulda gave his ass a beating. Sighing to herself, she shivered in the night and her breath nearly crystallized in the air. So much for some not pursuing her anymore. Bruh was not slick. At all. 

She closed her eyes and tilt her head back, letting the cold air caress her neck. She couldn't stay out here too long or else she was fixing to catch a cold. But this place had to be her favorite discovery about the whole building. She had found it by accident as she was trying to get back to the gala from the bathroom. The starlight had bathed her in its brilliance and for a moment, she felt as though she was in a magical mystery that only she knew of and here she could have all the visual beauty she wanted. As she was getting ready to turn back around and leave, she felt a cold chill.

"Damn. Why the hell didn't I bring my coat?" She expected silence. But what she got instead was a deep voice that replied.

"You do look cold." The voice startled her and she spun around, eyes wide. She stared, mouth agape. She couldn't believe who was standing in front of her. He smiled softly and she felt her heart begin to pound in her chest.

"Hi-Hiroto..." He stood there, his hands in his pockets.

"Hello beautiful." She felt tears suddenly well up in her eyes.

"Why are you here?" He sighed, the cold curling in the air.

"I am here for a lot of things." His voice so familiar and warm was making her dizzy suddenly and she didn't like that it was making her react like this.

"Things like what?" The wind blew around them, the chilly air freezing her skin. With the wind, it brought his scent and it drifted into her nostrils. She tightened her fists. It was absolutely ridiculous how good he smelled. She brought her eyes up to his. Her throat tightened. How dare he stand there like he hadn't ever left? He acted the same way she remembered in her memories and she grew more and more pissed how easy it came to him.

"I do run a business here. It is my place to be here." She rolled her eyes.

"Why are you out here with me is what I meant Hiroto." He licked his lips.

"Am I not allowed to be?" She sucked her teeth.

"No. You don't get to stand there and act like you been out of my life for five minutes."

"Rae-"

"What?" He was quiet. The expression on his face looked pained, as if it hurt him to even talk. Good. It should hurt him to talk.

"I came to talk to you-"

"I don't want to talk to you." She replied quickly, cutting him off.

"This was my chance and I took it."

"You shouldn't have." He looked into her eyes with a small smile.

"You still have that spunk. I'm glad you never lost it." The intensity from his gaze was making her want to look away but she stared at him head on.

"Look, it's cold and I'm getting ready to leave. Whatever you have to say say it now Hiroto." He sighed, his breath curling into a thin cloud of vapor.

"I missed you." She sighed, her hands shaking.

"Good to know. I'm going home now."

"Let me take you."