35: Saikai Suru

Once the door opened, suddenly everything came into perspective. Her heart slammed into her chest and she dropped her purse. Eyes so warm and familiar stared at her and hands pressed delicately against her stomach. Hair black as the richest ink, silver softly dusting throughout. Tears came to her eyes instantly and she couldn't control her body as it ran towards the woman, her arms outstretched. As her arms folded across her, she let the cries inside her chest free, the tears flowing down her cheeks.

"Minako...." Her warm feminine scent bathed her and she inhaled sharply, cries clogging her throat.

"Rae!" She held on to her tightly and let the love overflow in waves around her. Minako's hands reached out to cup her cheek.

"You finally came back home." Her eyes turned to Roto and he stood up straighter, a blush creeping into his cheeks.

"You have finally grown into a man I can respect." He bowed lowly, hands pressed flat against his thighs.

"Dozo Dozo. Come in, please." She waved her hand towards her and she hooked her arms around her as she led her inside the home.

"Is this your house?" She asked, taking a look around the place.

"Yes."

"What do you do?" Mina smiled, wrinkles forming at the corners of her eyes.

"I have a topiary garden and make small trinkets for tourists."

"That's awesome." She hugged her closer.

"My brother specializes in decorative sword making and makes them here as well."

"Wow..."

"It is something my family has done for generations. How fitting that now we can do the same like generations before us." Mina stopped walking and sighed contently, taking in her from head to toe. Eyes twinkled.

"You're different now Rae. You glow." She blinked, heat growing in her cheeks.

"I do?" Minako grabbed her hands and squeezed gently.

"Yes. Your spirit no longer reeks of grief, hurt and abandonment. Now it is full of joy, certainty, and promise. You left me a little girl, hurt and bruised from the world. Now you return to me a woman who knows who she is." She eyed Roto who stood behind her.

"How can I thank you for bringing my daughter back to me?"

"Your smile is enough for me Mina-dono." She reached for him.

"You are so very kind." Gently cupping his cheeks, she kissed his forehead.

"Let me show you around." She grabbed the both of them and took them outside into the one of the many gardens. A girl who had her arms spread, legs in a walking motion, dress stopping just below her ankles caught her attention. All around her, there fluttered carved butterflies of different colors, trimmed to imitate movement.

"Mina...you made these?"

"Mm. This one is inspired by you."

"What does this represent?"

"It represents the innocence and beauty of a girl, her spirit as free as the wind."

"Whoa."

"I created it a few years ago. I never told anyone what it truly meant... not even my husband." She blinked. Wait...

"You remarried?" Minako blushed prettily.