Chapter 37: Day on the Town

Chapter 37:

Sitting on a tower of the great white wall of Argus, Lucifer looks out to the coast and smiles. He leans back on his new hand, while on his new scroll watching as the number he's calling goes off plentiful. He feels the cold breeze with salt water lingering in the air, and he cannot help but to be at low peace. The morning sun peaks over the hills of the east out of the city, the snow heavily reflecting the light into a brilliant silver that coats the lands.

"Hello?" An annoyed woman says below.

Lifting the scroll to his ear, he sighs happily, "Hey, Mausi; it's Spein- well, Lucifer now. I know, it's been longer than I said... and I should've called you after your mom called, but- but I didn't want to worry you."

Silence on her end, not even a breath. She irritatedly says, "So you have her be the one to tell me?"

Lucifer uncomfortably tells her, "Mil, it was bad, real bad this time. But I now- now I feel free." Taking in a deep breath, he smiles, "I feel like myself now. I mean, to breathe so openly, sit here and watch the sunrise. I wish you were here, but when I come back, I'm sure a mountain view would be equally nice."

Mil scoffs, "Words are useless. I mean, you go ahead and leave because I thought it was for your little sister."

"I know, I know. But I'm safe for now, I just need a couple things and I'm set for gold." He pushes off his palm and leans forward, "How's the safehouse like? Feel safe there, any worries? You just tell me and I'll be back."

"No, no." She giggles, "Doubt many people would even come around here, Silver Boot is a peaceful bay."

"I'm glad to hear that, it helps me relax. I'm..." He stumbles on his words, "I'm- Look, I'm sorry."

"Spe-" She lets out a sigh, "Lucifer, I understand. I just wish you didn't go for payback, I wish we could've been here together and planned together."

Lucifer frowns, "You know me, I'm as much a planner as I am a good man."

Quietly, she virtually nudges him, "You're a good man, you just keep it to yourself too closely..."

Chuckling, he paces back and forth, "Don't go lying to me."

"I'm not." Mil groans and tells him, "You just have your unbecomings, and I wish we could work on them together."

Silently, he nods, "Yeah..."

She sighs then giggles, "I didn't think I'd have to be the worried lady at home."

"Yeah..." Closing his eyes, he takes a deep breath, "Listen, I'm going to need to call Margaret, and things are looking to get real messy up here."

She lets out a giggle, "When will things ever not be messy around you?"

Looking up to the sky, he thinks, "Hopefully when I come back, at least, well at times I just want it not to be my fault and-"

"Not possible." She cuts him off.

"It will be." He tells her. "I just need to get a favor done, one from Margaret."

"Please, just don't do this..." Miltia begs, "Just come back, or find your way to Atlas."

"I'm sorry. But know this, I'm doing this for us, for our future." Lucifer, looking up to the manor that is on the western cliffs just outside the city, declares, "Miltiades... I love you."