Chapter 14: The Cold Manor

Chapter 15:

Walking along the massive corridors of the Schnee Manor, Silva slaves around as the newest servant, bored out of his mind and soul. In his hands he carries a tray with a bucket of ice and various beverages, the largest being a bottle of deathstalker vodka. A manor owned by the richest family in the world, is the coldest and most lonesome place in the world. He looks out the windows as he walks down, the high shattered moon shines through the stainless polished glass, bright and beautiful, a mirror.

Entering into a small room, the sound of music fills the room in great bonds to harmony and passion. Silva approaches a servant, the housekeeper, behind a curtain to a loge; lowly, clears his throat kindly, offering the bucket to the gentleman. The maid swaps an old bucket of cold water and empty bottles of whiskey and wine for the new, nodding to Silva before entering the loge. Silva peaks from behind the curtain, looking down to the stage that bears the Atlesian symbol.

Weiss stands on a large stage, alone, singing a wordless aria from her soul out to the heavens with arms outstretched. She brings in her arms as she transitions to empathic lyrics-

"I am not your pet, nor another thing you own.
I was not born guilty of your crimes.
Your riches and your influence can't hold me anymore.
I won't be possessed,
burdened by your royal test.
I will not surrender.
This life is mine~."

As Weiss concludes the song with a bow to the crowd. The woman in the box boredly applauds, only able to see the back of her head, her hair is snow white and tied in a ponytail. He drinks directly from the bottle of vodka, swinging it back as though it was water in the desert. The side of her worn face peeks through the bands of her hair, wrinkled in stress rather than time. Silva sinks back and leaves the box, hastily retreating to the kitchen a few corridors away.

The event was one Silva was not allowed to enter, only the best of the servants were allowed, and for the best servant only the best sub-servants were allowed to work. Leaving him to wander around for once in his free time, just acting as though he is patrolling the halls. During his stroll he spots the housekeeper out the window, in the back garden she is hurrying in the cold weather to the gazebo. In the dead of night, the temperature must be somewhere near negative thirty, at least feel somewhere near. He shivers at the thought, feeling a cool gust slip down his spine.

As he is walking, he is shoved to the side by a furious Jacques, behind him he dragged Weiss by the wrist in a vice grip. Silva scowls, nearly grabbing Jacques' shoulder, but catches himself and lets out a deep breath. He watches as Butler Klein chases after, Klein stops and bows with a quick apology to Silva, to then continue following.

~~~~~

Silva: I despised this household, so divided that even we had a closer relationship with Garnet than they had each other. At least with Garnet we could have arguments and still laugh later, work together, live together... But they, the Schnee Family, was just a prison with Jacques as the warden. Funny enough, the drunk of them was somehow the smartest of them.

~~~~~

Being stopped in the middle of the corridors, Silva stands off against the housekeeper and Lady Schnee. The maid glares coldly at him, aiming at him a small handgun as she stands defensively in front of the Lady, in her offhand a bottle of purple wine. She wears a tight white gown with a billowy blue skirt, her eyes hidden behind thick round lenses. While the great Lady Willow is holding a small glyph in the palm of her hand, behind him and them are large glyphs that block the halls.