Chapter 7: First Mission

Chapter 7:

Standing in the auditorium by schools, Team GLSS stand together with all the teams of Atlas, dressed and prepared in their battle uniforms. On the stage Professor Goodwitch and Headmaster Ozpin

Professor Goodwitch taps the mic, "Quiet down everyone, Professor Ozpin would like to share a few words before we begin." 

Headmaster Ozpin smiles and clears his throat, "Today we stand together, united. Mistral. Atlas. Vacuo. Vale. The four kingdoms of Remnant. On this day, nearly eighty years ago, the largest war in recorded history came to an end. It was a war of ignorance, of greed, and of oppression. A war that was about much more than where borders fell or who traded with whom, but about the very idea of individualism itself. We fought for countless reasons, one of which being the destruction of all forms of art and self-expression. And as you are well aware, that was something many could not stand for. As a result, those who opposed this tyranny began naming their children after one of the core aspects of art itself: color. It was their way to demonstrate that not only would they refuse to tolerate this oppression, but neither were the generations to come. And it was a trend that is held to this very day. We encourage individuality, expressionism, and unity through diversity. As I said, today we stand together, united. But this bond cannot exist without effort. Which is why today, while the rest of the world celebrates peace, Huntsmen and Huntresses will work to uphold it. As first year students, you will be tasked with shadowing a professional Huntsman or Huntress on a mission. Some of you may be taken out of the Kingdom for several days. Others may work within the walls for the rest of the week. But no matter which path you choose, remember to be safe, remember your training, and remember to do your very best." 

They all exit the amphitheater, getting to the school entrance. The team looks through the holoboard of missions, not exactly organized by type or location, just put there. As Garnet thinks of what they should do, Silva and Spein-El accept a mission that seems important and begins "ASAP", located in Quadrant 7.  Yet when they select the mission, they get a warning of unavailability for first year students. Spein-El types on the date of Beacon's construction, giving themselves permission to run the mission.

Silva shakes his head, taken aback, "How the fuck did you do that?"

Spein-El shrugs, "Bad passwords."

"So you can guess passwords, but you can't drive an automatic?" Silva irritatedly asked.

"Yes."

Garnet yells at them, "What did you guys do!?"

Silva opens his scroll and looks at the notification they all received, saying: "We chose a mission, it's a search and rescue."

Garnet looks at her scroll, "Did you at least look at the details?"

"There were no details on board." Spein-El whispers to his two teammates, "How is she our leader?"

Garnet smacks her lips at them, "Fine, let's go."

"No, seriously. How the fuck is she our leader?"

~~~~~

Sitting around by the bullhead, Luna, Silva, and Spein-El watch from the dock over as Team RWBY leaves, being dragged away to their mission by Professor- "DOCTOR!" -Doctor Oobleck. They laugh as the team is taking off, Spein-El lends over his lighter to Silva. From behind, Garnet slaps the lighter out his hand.