13. Toujours

Mulai dari awal

"Lau stop, what I did was wrong." Larry admitted. "I know you was mad."

"But I almost kill you. You my twin, my-my best friend, my mirror, my everything. If I lose you I will be nothing!"

"Don't start it.. Don't. Start it! I'm fine."

Laurent wasn't having it. "That's not okay, Larry. I don't drink because I get scare I do something stupid like that to you." He paused and in the silence held thick tension. "I know you like Aaliyah but you have Shakel. Aaliyah is mine, you not taking her from me. I love her."

"I don't like Aaliyah. I don't."

Laurent glared at his brother. "Then why you have sex with her?" There was no way he could believe Larry when he said he didn't like Aaliyah. They've been through it before, it's nothing new. Larry didn't respond. "Exactly." He shook his head and got up to get dressed. He had high hopes and needed to fix things with Aaliyah before Larry tried to do anything else or before she finally moved on and forgot him completely.

"You lie." Laurent said getting up.

"Where you going? To see spider?"

Laurent paused to look at his brother. Miss Spider is Aaliyah? "Who is spider? Liyah?"

Larry couldn't lie now. "Yes."

Laurent nodded and went on about his business.

It did seem that Laurent is just okay with what happened between Aaliyah and his twin but he wasn't and Larry knew that. He didn't want Larry to talk to Aaliyah, see Aaliyah, hear Aaliyah or even think of Aaliyah. Aaliyah was his and only his, at least that's how he saw it.

• • •

"You know, when Larry tell me that he was going to see a friend I never thought it was you." Lau said sitting down on her bed next to her.

"Because I never liked him, I know." She said sitting crisscross and looking down.

He noticed there was something different about her. Aaliyah didn't seem like herself. She was never that quiet, especially after everything that happened with Shakel, he'd expect her to rant on and on about it.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

She looked up at him and shook her head. "Did you eat today?" Aaliyah asked getting up and walking out the door.

It was weird to him how she was acting like nothing happened the day before. She certainly looked like nothing happened. She jogged down the stairs and slid around the corner into the kitchen. He walked down the stairs confused but wondered if it would be a good time to make a move on her. He was willing to take that chance if it meant she'll take him back. He watched as she shuffled through the kitchen looking for something to make.

Her finger tapped on the counter while she looked into the cabinets. "I don't know what to make.." She whined then suddenly gasped. She closed the cabinets, turned around and grabbed a pan from the pot rack and placed it on the stove. She grabbed a plantain and started to peel it.

"Comme ça va? (How are you?)"

"Ça va.. I'm okay. You?" She replied taking out a knife.

She stared at the knife for a long time then turned to face Laurent. "Why did you cheat on me?"

"That's why I came here; to talk to you." He looked at the knife. "I need you back baby."

"Oh really?"

"Yes. I don't know why I cheated. I was really stupid. I-"

"No, you are stupid." Aaliyah interrupted.