34. No Mistakes

Unedited...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright so Mrs. Bourgeois we are-"

"Please," Aaliyah interrupted. "Just call me Aaliyah, and I'm not married to him."

"Alright, my apologies. Well, we are so happy to say that she can finally go home with you this upcoming Wednesday!" The short brown skinned nurse cheered. Aaliyah's face lit up. If there was anything that could make her happy even after the turmoil between her and Laurent, it was hearing that she could finally take her daughter home.

"This Wednesday? Really?" She questioned trying not to get overly excited but it was clear that she was ecstatic.

The nurse nodded. "Yep! So that gives about a week to get ready for her."

"I'm so excited!" Aaliyah cheesed. "Then I get to show her off to the world.. Well, my family at least."

The nurse left Aaliyah alone with her baby and went back to the front desk where she saw Laurent signing the visitation form. She gave him a polite smile and he looked at her with a straight face. He was visibly upset by something. "Are you alright?"

"Do I look alright?" He snapped.

"Well," She looked him up and down. "You look pretty decent in terms of style. Your attitude could use a little help."

He furrowed his eyebrows and looked up from the clip board. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me. You're cute but that attitude.."

"That's not what I meant by what I asked.. but okay." He replied as he started walking away.

She scoffed, "So I get no thank you?"

He ignored her and continued walking. He shook his head at the fact that she thought she was going to get somewhere with that.

Laurent walked into the room quietly and seen Aaliyah rocking their baby while her small arms moved about with tons of energy. Aaliyah started singing something just above a whisper with a smile on her face. Even though he couldn't make out what song or lullaby it was, he still thought it was beautiful. It had been months since he'd heard Aaliyah sing anything and he couldn't help but to listen in awe of her beautiful voice.

He watched as his daughter slowly but surely fell asleep with Aaliyah's aid. There was nothing more beautiful than the bond between his daughter and the woman of his dreams. His heart and mind were in definite agreement, which is something that always occurred when he looked at Aaliyah; he knew she was the one he was to spend his life with. He couldn't let the one lie she told come between them and he didn't want it to. He held her engagement ring between his fingers and looked at it the diamond on it. He hated seeing it off of her finger. It made him feel like he's lost everything he's worked so hard for.

Aaliyah got up slowly and placed the baby down in the crib to sleep. She pulled the plush blanket over her baby then turned around. When she turned back around she came face to face with Lau. Instead saying anything she just raised her eyebrows at him. There was no doubt that she was all out of fight. She grabbed her purse and walked out of the room with him following.

She continued walking until they were at the front desk of the NICU. She signed out quickly as the nurses watched. "Have a nice night." She smiled and Aaliyah gave a weak smile back and started to walk away.

"Have a good rest of the night handsome." The same nurse said to Laurent as he approached the desk. The other nurse sitting next to her looked at her with an expression that said 'bitch are you dumb?'. When hearing that Aaliyah stopped in her tracks and turned on her heels. When Laurent seen her turn around he was just hoping there wouldn't be any type of argument in the place.