36. Through Bad Times

Unedited...

It was just a few days before Aaliyah would be bringing her baby home for the first time. She stood in the nursery thinking about everything from when it all started to the morning she gave birth. Now her life was going to really start with mommy duties and things of the sort. She'd been preparing to get less sleep than she was before meaning she was taking multiple naps throughout the day just because she still could. Her hopes were high that everything would be smooth from the day she brought her baby home.

It sucked that she went through such a rough time with postpartum depression but she and everyone else was glad she overcame it. She was still on the road to gaining her healthy weight back and getting herself in shape again but she couldn't help but constantly worry if everything was perfect for the baby to come home. She spent everyday in the nursery moving things around and making sure there was easy access to the things she'd need when she was in there with the baby. Laurent of course didn't understand why she did that so much, but he decided not to question it.

Aaliyah walked back into her own room and laid on the bed for a moment. She stretched out and as she relaxed she placed her hands on her stomach and messed with her belly button ring. Her hands traveled up and she felt her ribs. She tried to ignore it but she felt so boney to herself, she couldn't let it go. He fingertips pounded lightly against each of her ribs. She counted. The closer she got to the bottom, the more upset she became. She hated being that thin. If she could feel her ribs then she knows they were visible to everyone else.

Aaliyah grabbed her laptop and started looking up ways to gain weight. There were a bunch of different supplements and plans she didn't know what would really work for her. She just figured she needed to eat more as well as follow the diet plan her doctor gave her to help her weight come back. But the problem with that was that she never had an appetite like normal. She needed something that would help make her appetite increase so she could actually eat more. She grabbed the paper with the plan on it and read into it.

"The cannabis diet?" Aaliyah read and blinked twice and shook her head quickly. "Wait what?" She read it again and started looking at the meals and recipes on there.

"Hey baby," Laurent said as he walked into the room. She looked at him with a blank expression as he walked to his side of the bed. "What? What's wrong?"

"I have to start using cannabis.." She replied unsure sounding.

Lau kind of stared for a moment. His eyes squinted and his lips pressed in a thin line, he was trying to remember what cannabis was. "Cannabis...?"

"Weed."

"Huh??"

"The diet plan my doctor wants me to try involves marijuana."

"You have to smoke to eat? I have heard of that before. I have a friend who does that."

"Or eat with the substance in it."

A million things were running through her head. How was she supposed to carry out this diet plan while taking care of her daughter? How long would her high even last? She had to do this 3 times a day at least. How was this going to even work?

"When do you start it?" Laurent asked laying back on the bed and putting his arms behind his head.

Aaliyah was shocked. "You're actually agreeing with this? Are you okay, are you sick?" She said reaching over and feeling his forehead.

He chuckled. "Yes I am fine. I tell you I will support you while you get back to your normal self. If that's what you have to do to get that, I support you baby."