37. Welcome Home

Unedited...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The house was quiet. Nothing but the sound of Aaliyah's footsteps filled the walkway as she walked in holding the baby in her car seat. Nobody was home. She closed the door behind her and made her way upstairs. She put down the handle on the car seat and took her daughter out. Her baby was quiet besides the little cooing sounds she made when she was picked up. "Hi baby!" Aaliyah cooed with a smile on her face. "Your daddy will be home soon."

She took the baby into the nursery and gave her a little tour of her new room. "And this is your room baby. I made the walls all pink and gray and all of your stuff is white." Aaliyah was so happy to finally have her baby home, she's had the same smile on her face since she was at the hospital signing discharge papers.

A couple of hours passed before anybody came home so Aaliyah took a nap with the baby. The first person to come home was Larry sans twin for the first time ever. He walked up the stairs while blasting music from his beats pill. Aaliyah hopped up and told him to turn it down or off because it was too loud. He didn't understand why but he did so at her request.

"You have headache or something?" He figured that's why it was too loud.

"No. I'm fine." She answered with a little laugh.

He was confused. "What's funny?"

"Nothing." She smiled. "Just keep it down okay?"

"Oookay?" He watched as she turned around back into her room. "Spider?"

Aaliyah turned to look at him. "Huh?"

"You okay?"

"Yes Larry," She shook her head and laughed. "I'm fine." She walked back into her room and cracked the door back to how it was. Larry stood there still slightly confused but shook it off and went to him and Shakel's room. He laid down so tired from such a hectic day that wasn't even through with yet. All he wanted to do was take a nap before he had to leave the house again. Just as he started dozing off, he heard a baby cry. He brushed it off at first thinking that maybe he was just extremely tired or Aaliyah was watching one of those Teen Mom shows. Next thing he knew, Aaliyah popped into his room asking him for a bit of help. He sighed. "Sure, I guess. What you need help with?"

"Can you just hold her while I run downstairs to warm up a bottle really quick?" She asked coming into the room more, holding her whiney daughter. She wasn't crying but she was just kind of fussing a bit. Larry's eyes bulged! "I haven't hooked up the bottle warmer, let alone read the directions on it yet."

"When did she get here?! Does my brother know??" He said in a hushed yell. "What the fuck! Why is she not in hospital no more? You stole her from there?"

He had so many questions, Aaliyah's head could only wrap around at least one of them. "What? Slow down. She came home today."

"So my brother don't know?"

Aaliyah shook her head as she started placing the baby in Larry's arm. "Wait, you wash your hands?" She paused. "Nevermind, here I have hand sanitizer." She brought the baby back up toward her chest and turned to the side so that her hip was closest to Larry. He noticed and reached for the little bottle. He squeezed a decent amount into his hand then rubbed it in. Aaliyah then placed the baby in his arms. "Okay, be right back!" She said then walked hastily out of the room and made her way downstairs. She grabbed a bottle out of the freezer and ran it under some warm water for a few minutes until it thawed. After that she ran back upstairs while shaking the bottle a bit.