17. On One Knee

Chapter is un-edited, will be fixed soon

(check MM for outfits >:} )

30 minutes to 8pm Laurent and Aaliyah were on their way back to the villa after dinner at one of Laurent's favorite restaurants. Laurent tapped on the steering wheel with his thumb as he drove. Aaliyah stared at the surrounding buildings and people walking around. It was something so serene about the sight of Guadeloupe at night. The water; dark, but reflecting the light of the moon, the small lights from shoreline shops and restaurants, the tall palm trees waving slowly in the light breeze. It was beautiful. If there was anywhere she was completely relaxed, it was Guadeloupe. Just as Aaliyah leaned her head against the window, she felt her phone vibrate in her lap. A text from her mom telling her to call her when she gets the chance. She picked up her phone and called her mom. After a few rings she answered.

"Hey, how's everything?" Her mom asked.

"Everything's good. I forgot how beautiful it really is here." Aaliyah responded. Laurent glanced over to Aaliyah wondering who she was talking to.

"I need to take a vacation there soon. You should have your wedding there or maybe Saint Martin."

Aaliyah paused for a minute. "My what?"

"Wedding." Her mom laughed.

"Who am I marrying?" Aaliyah asked completely puzzled. Laurent looked over again now trying to figure out who she was talking to.

Her mom still laughed. "Laurent."

"L-" she cut her own sentence short. "How would you know if I'm going to marry him?"

"Just by how y'all are. He loves you, you love him. I can see it being very possible."

Aaliyah giggled at the thought then the conversation her and Lau had earlier popped into mind. "I can't see Laurent on one knee," she laughed. "I just can't."

As they drove through the security gate to the villa, Laurent raised his eyebrow at the conversation he was hearing. He knew now that she was talking to her mom. The weird thought of marriage crept into his mind. "Hm.." He said to himself parking the car. He got out and went to open Aaliyah's door. He took her hand and helped her out of the car. She smiled at him and continued her conversation with her mom as she walked to the front door. He closed the car door and followed behind her, quickly unlocking and opening the front door. She walked in and went straight to the back, turning on the light so she could sit outside.

Laurent's phone rang and as he expected it was his brother calling him. "What's up?"

"Comment était le dîner ? (How was dinner?)" Larry asked.

"Ce n'était rien de spectaculaire, nous avons juste parlé. (It was nothing spectacular, we just talked.)"

"La famille sera là bientôt, oui ? Lui avez-vous dit ? (the family will be there soon, yes? Did you tell her?)" Larry asked. "Je suis en route. (I'm on my way)"

Laurent was in the kitchen grabbing several wine glasses. "Non.. Pas encore, je vais le faire. (Not yet, I will though.)"

"Dites-moi si vous avez couché avec elle ? (So... Did you have sex with her?)" Larry said nearly whispering.

"Larry."

"Quoi ? (What?)"

With that Laurent hung up the phone and went on grabbing wine glasses from the cabinet. Aaliyah announced her reentry by the sound of her heels tapping on the floor. Laurent looked up at her and gave her a sheepish smile. Immediately she knew there was something he needed to say.