25. Mon Bébé

Unedited....

Aaliyah sat on the counter watching Laurent shuffle around the kitchen with a bowl and a spoon. He went from the dishwasher to the drawers, and found the ice cream scooper. He went into the freezer and grabbed the chocolate ice cream. He looked up at Aaliyah who was just sitting there silently, swinging her feet back and forth.

"You want some?" He asked.

"No, but I do have something to tell you."

He didn't take his eyes off of the ice cream. "What?" He put two scoops into his bowl the washed scooper off and put it and the ice cream away.

"Um,"

He ate a spoonful of his ice cream and glanced up at her. "Um? What is it?" He said looking back at his bowl.

"This morning I went to the um, clinic." She spoke nervously.

"Pour mon bébé ? (For my baby?)" He asked with a little smile on his face as he started to smooth out the ice cream in his bowl.

"To get an abortion," she stated quickly. "But-"

He immediately looked up at her with the spoon in his mouth. Eyes widened and completely in shock he yelled. "You what?!"

"I-"

"For why?!" He said raising his voice and putting his bowl down. "Aaliyah what the fuck!"

"Please, just listen to me." Aaliyah pled.

"No, why would you do that?" He snarled.

"Laurent listen to what I have to say!" She said watching as he started to fumble with his belt. "Wait what are you doing?"

"I want to put my baby back." He said in complete seriousness.

Aaliyah looked at him like he was crazy. "Huh.. You know that's not possible right?"

"Yes I know but I'm mad!"

She waved her hands. "There's no reason to be. The thing is still there."

He stopped and stared at her still angry. "You sure?"

"I promise." She nodded.

"Okay." He said and put his belt back on. "Why did you try to kill my baby?"

"I didn't.. I couldn't.. I just don't want a baby!" She said putting her head in her hands. "I'm not ready." She cried.

"Don't cry belle, please no." He said pulling her into a hug. "It's okay. You gonna be a good mommy."

She cried more. "I- I.." She couldn't continue. She just cried more and more into his shoulder. He soothed her by gently rubbing her back. He never liked to see her cry, especially not for this reason.

After a few minutes she stopped crying and pulled out of his hug. Her eyes still a bit watery and her long eyelashes appearing wet, he was mesmerized at the color of her eyes again. "You are so beautiful Aaliyah. I'm happy you are the mother of my baby." He said truthfully.
His honest compliments made her smile. She wiped her tears and hopped off the counter. He went back to eating his ice cream but continued to look at her. He couldn't help but smile at the thought of having his own baby soon.

"I'm gonna go lay down, okay?"

Laurent nodded and continued eating his ice cream. He watched as she walked away until she got to the stairs. Nothing but his thoughts started to flood in his mind. He heard his phone vibrate on the counter then he heard his ringtone soon after. He picked it up and seen that it was Larry. He answered taking his spoon out of his mouth. "What's up?"