38. Cold Feet

Unedited....

Side Note: I just want y'all to understand something about Aaliyah really quick... Y'all keep calling her weird, but she's not really at all strange. Like last chapter she didn't tell Lau about the baby coming home was only bc she was higher than the clouds lmaoo. She has those moments where you think "bitch what?" But out of all characters, she is probably the most level headed and sane one.

Hope you enjoy this book as it is coming to an end in just a few more chapters. Thank you for supporting it thus far. ❤️

~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 months later

"I can't believe Spider actually smokes weed now, she's so relaxed and not mean to me anymore." Larry said to his twin as he bounced his niece on his knee while holding her.

Laurent shook his head. "I wish she would not smoke. But I know it's just to make her eat, and to stop her migraines."

"That's what that is for? I didn't know, she never told me."

"Yes, it helps her but I just don't like it." Laurent admitted.

Laurent had never liked the idea of smoking or use of marijuana in general. He knew there were benefits but also that some people just over do it. That reason made him choose to stay away from it completely but now that Aaliyah used it, it was slightly different. She never actually smoked around him, but she did eat the edibles around him. Most of the time the edibles were just gummy bears or little fruit snacks. Laurent had no problem with the fact that she ate more, slept better and even wanted to have sex more, he just wished she was a bit more clear minded like she used to be.

"Spider is getting so thick now." Larry practically drooled. "Thick in all the good places."

"Larry." Laurent said with a stern voice.

"Sorry! I'm just saying! Don't hurt me, i'm holding your baby!" Larry said holding up Lehlanie in front of him.

Laurent rolled his eyes. "You need to stop looking at my wife like that and I won't have a reason to hurt you." He said rethinking on the time he nearly killed his brother.

"She not your wife yet."

The twins were taken by surprise when Aaliyah walked in through the garage into kitchen where the twins were talking and her face lit up when she saw her daughter playing with her own hands in Larry's lap. Larry looked like he had seen a ghost because he wasn't sure if she had heard what they were talking about before she walked in. They didn't even hear the garage being opened so there was no warning that she was home.

"Why you look like that Larry?" Aaliyah asked with a smile on her face as she picked her daughter up out of his lap. Larry had no response. He just shook his head and left the room. "What's wrong with him?" She asked confused.

Laurent shrugged and kissed his fiancée. "How was work?"

"Work." She responded. "How was she today?"

"She start being fussy as soon as you leave. So daddy did not get to go back to sleep." He said shaking the baby's little fist then kissing her chubby cheeks.