18. To Be or Not To Be

Chapter is un-edited, will be fixed soon

It was a sunny Thursday morning in Guadeloupe. Shakel usually never woke up early in the morning but for some reason she did on this day. Larry wasn't in the bed next to her but instead he was out on the balcony on the phone. His back was to the room so he didn't know Shakel was awake. She got up and went to brush her teeth and on her way back she noticed the door was closed but she could still hear some of what he was saying. Even though she couldn't understand what he was saying, she still listened.

"Je peux venir voir-vous ce week-end? (can I come see you this weekend?)" Larry asked the person on the phone. His phone was on speaker and the person responded with a flirty laugh then spoke.

"Ask me in English." The girl said. She was obviously from Paris because she had an obvious accent.

"Can I come see you this weekend?" He chuckled.

"Yes." The girl answered. "Of course."

Larry stood up an took his phone off of speaker. "D'accord, je te parlerai plus tard. (Okay, I'll talk to you later)" he said hanging up and turning around.

"Oh shit!" Shakel thought running back to the bed so he wouldn't see her. Just as he opened the door Shakel sat up in the bed and stretched her arms as if she just woke up.

"Good morning." He said casually walking toward the bathroom. "I'm going to take you to Lau and Spider's villa today. I'm going to Paris for a few days." He announced while obviously peeing with the door open. Shakel didn't respond so when he came out of the bathroom he looked at her intensely while air drying his hands. "Hello? Did you not hear me?"

"I heard you.. I just don't understand why." She responded looking up at him.

"You want to stay here alone?"

Shakel shook her head. "Why can't I go with you?"

"I don't need you to." He answered sharply taking a seat on the bed facing away from her. "Why you ask so many questions?"

"Because I can."

"You can't." He disagreed.

There was silence for a long moment. Shakel was only trying to figure out why Larry was being so rude. Why was he so rude now but the night before he was all over her around his family and when they got back from the event. "I don't get you.." She admitted.

"What's not to get?" He asked rhetorically and still got an answer.

"You act like you love me and I'm your girlfriend last night but today, you're leaving me to go fuck some girl in Paris. I don't understand you."

He chuckled almost sinisterly. "You not my girlfriend," he shook his head. "and I'm not leaving you to go fuck some girl in Paris." He said turning to look at her.

"What happened to you loving me so much and wanting to be with me?" Shakel asked getting a little choked up.

Larry pinched the bridge of his nose and looked away. No matter what was going on, he hated seeing her cry. "I do love you.. You want the truth, yes?" He asked getting up and still avoided eye contact with her. He paced a little bit just thinking of what exactly to say.

"Yes. Yes I want the truth. The real truth!" She demanded.

"I do love you, okay? I do. I want to be with you, yes. I do. But I get scared you will cheat on me again. I only tell my family you my girlfriend because if not they think I use you for sex and I don't-"

"You are using me for sex, since I'm not your girlfriend." She interrupted. "I'm like your toy because you can't have Aaliyah."

"Let me talk." He said sternly. She rolled her eyes. "I don't use you..for anything." Lie. "And how many times do I have to tell you I don't like her? She not my type." Lie. "I really want you but I can't trust you."