Chapter twenty-five - Elijah

I stood in my bedroom, spraying Eleanor's perfume all over me

I stood in my bedroom, spraying Eleanor's perfume all over me. I had ordered it online not too long ago and was using it any day I knew I wouldn't be seeing her. I didn't want her to hug me and wonder why I smelt exactly like her.

For good measure, I sprayed a couple spurts onto the side of my bed she usually slept on so that I could fall asleep to the smell of her later. I placed the bottle deep in the drawer of my nightstand so she couldn't find it even if she snooped around, which she didn't seem like the type and I let out a deep sigh before taking out my phone.

I searched Richie's instagram and tapped on one of the images he had posted of him at the gym. I saw that he tagged who looked like must be his personal trainer, so I clicked on his account. In his biography, I saw 'Personal Trainer at B52 gym'. That was easy. I love the internet!

I didn't know where that gym was but I would find it. Google maps was just one tap away.

I went back to Richie's instagram, eagerly opening the story he had posted. I watched as he lifted some weights, working on his biceps. As if he needed them to get any bigger... Was this really the kind of guy Eleanor was sleeping with?

I saw that he posted the video fifteen minutes ago. Perfect. He should still be there.

I put on a sweater so that I could put my hood on and I left my apartment, taking the bus to the gym.

I wasn't exactly sure what my plan was, which was an issue I've discovered to have. I jump into action without planning out what to say or do and I end up getting myself in sticky situations, sort of like that woman in the alley who told me to leave her alone. Now that was a really sticky situation.

I don't want to get into that though, because this story is about Eleanor and I, that's it.

I walked to the entrance of the gym and I headed inside. There was a girl at the front desk who greeted me with a huge smile, maybe a little too wide.

"Hi!" She turned the scanner towards me so that I could scan my gym membership, which I didn't have.

"Hey, um I was actually wondering if I could do a free trial today and just get a look at the gym. I want to sign up somewhere but I'm just checking all the ones in the area out first." I told her, taking my hands out of my pocket, also taking my hood off so I didn't look sketchy.

"Oh, yeah, of course! Do you want someone to walk you around?" She asked, twirling her hair around her finger, chewing on gum. If she blew a bubble and popped it, she would be just the perfect amount of pretentious.

I shook my head, "No, no that's okay. I won't be long, really."

"Go ahead then!" She chirped and sat back down on the stool behind the counter.

I instantly turned and walked through the second set of doors into the actual gym, scanning through every single sweaty, red face in there. It wasn't hard to spot Richie, because he was the only one with his shirt off, having someone film him. And I thought the girl at the counter was pretentious...