Chapter twelve - Elijah

The time for Nyla's walk approached and I stood by my door, eager for Eleanor's arrival

       The time for Nyla's walk approached and I stood by my door, eager for Eleanor's arrival. She was one minute early like the last time, the knock on my door sounding at 12:59 pm.

I didn't fiddle with my things or hurry back and forth like I did before, instead I just opened the door and greeted her with a smile.

"Hey, how are you doing?" I asked cheerfully.

"Hi! I'm doing great... And you?" I caught her fixing her hair. She thought I didn't notice. I wished I could have told her that I thought she looked gorgeous even if her hair was a little out of place.

"Good, good. Well, uh, I'll get Nyla. She's sleeping in my bedroom. Just give me one minute." I reported, turning on my heels to fetch Nyla from my room.

"Um, sorry-" She called.

I paused and turned back around to look at her as she shifted from foot to foot.

"I'm so sorry, normally I don't ask but do you think I can use your washroom? You'd be surprised as to how many places won't let you use their bathroom when you have a dog with you." She chuckled awkwardly as she spoke.

I blinked rapidly a couple of times, trying not to show how big of a smile I truly wanted to show. She was going to use my bathroom? Good thing I cleaned up yesterday.

"Sure. That's no problem at all. It's the door right over there." I chimed, pointing to the door near my desk and laptop.

"Perfect, thank you so much!" She smiled. I walked down my hallway towards my bedroom that was just before my work area, but stopped to sneak a peek of her walking towards the bathroom.

In a second I managed to picture her living here with me, we're together and this is our home that we share. I was going to the bedroom, maybe to lay down, and she was going to freshen up and use the washroom before coming to join me.

The thought left as soon as it came as I remembered that I had to get Nyla from the bedroom. I walked into the room and clapped my hands gently together, calling her name a few times. She was in a deep slumber on the floor beside my bed but woke up fairly quickly and walked over to me.

I made my way back towards the front door and Nyla followed close behind, getting excited as she caught on to what was going on. She started to wag her tail and hop up with the momentum from her two front paws and it made me laugh as I bent down to pet her while we waited for Eleanor.

A minute or two later she came out and shut the door behind her, gleaming as she saw Nyla.

"Hi pretty girl!" She cooed as she walked over and crouched down, petting her head and ears. Nyla was just as excited to see her too and even let out a little bark that I'm sure she thought sounded mighty and ferocious.

I unhooked her leash from the coat hanger next to the door and I clipped it onto her collar, this being the closest Eleanor and I have ever gotten to one another.

She smelt so good and it made this burning hot fuzz flash over my skin, my cheeks turning a little pink. I knew because I could feel how warm they were all of a sudden. I looked up at her and she looked at me as she still pet Nyla, and for a second it felt like the earth stopped spinning, time froze, everything in the world turned off.

I wanted to lean in and kiss her but I knew it wasn't the right time for that yet. I still wasn't even sure if she liked me in the same way that I liked her.

I quickly stood up and cleared my throat and she did the same thing as she retrieved the leash from the ground that was resting beside us.

"Alright, well thank you for letting me use the washroom. Nyla and I will be on our way so you can get back to work." She said, gesturing her head over to my work station.

I nodded and pressed my lips together. "Yeah, duty calls." I mumbled and then instantly regretted saying that. I should have told her that it's a slow day so I could go on that walk with her that she was talking about, but I think I missed my chance.

Eleanor and Nyla walked out and like usual, I watched her hips sway as she left, her pants hugging her ass just right. I let out a deep, long sigh, trying to resist the strong desires I had for her and I closed the door and locked it.

I rested my forehead against the door, feeling discouraged. This wasn't moving fast enough for me, not enough was happening between us. By now we should be falling in love with each other and going on dates and she should be dropping to her knees, begging for me.

No, no, no. This is only our third conversation we've ever had. I needed to relax. I can't keep getting worked up like this. I know what happens when I get worked up and I can't have that happening to Eleanor too. I think reading another article in the news about a dead woman would really make me lose it.

I instantly perked up when I remembered that she was just in my bathroom and I was wasting time feeling sorry for myself. I practically sprinted over and yanked the door open, my eyes targeting the toilet and I stared at it. She sat on my toilet. Her ass touched my seat.

I slowly crept over to the toilet and I lifted the lid, examining the seat. Thoughts rushed through my mind and without even realizing it, I was grazing my hand along the toilet seat where she was sitting just moments before. I imagined it was her soft, smooth skin I was touching and I even closed my eyes to discount the fact that I was really just touching a ceramic bowl.

When I opened my eyes minutes later, I rolled them to see that I really was just touching my damn toilet seat and not Eleanor.

I'm not crazy, I mean I knew that I was touching my toilet and not her, but my imagination is so good that sometimes I can get lost in it, and things that aren't real - happen to seem really real to me.

Growing up, my parents always said I had an overactive imagination and I suppose it never really went away over all these years.

I finally pulled my hand away, almost having to force myself to, as I turned and stared at myself in the mirror. That was creepy, wasn't it? It was all I was able to think as I stared into my own eyes, wondering what it was about her that drove me to do these kinds of things.

My eyes dropped to the counter and I almost gasped as I saw a set of keys. Three keys to be exact, with a little keychain of a plant leaf hooked on.

She forgot her keys.

With my mouth hanging open, I slowly picked them up, rubbing them gently in my hands, before I took out my phone to send her a text to let her know that she forgot them.

I started to type out the message, but then an idea crept into my head and I smiled to myself.