What kind of apartment needs that much work to get in it?

Instead of voicing her question, Xhenia stayed quiet and waited for the elevator to reach its destination.

The three listened to elevator music while passing many floors. When they finally reached their stop, Xhenia stood amazed.

"It goes straight to the apartments," she gasped.

Alekses stepped off the elevator with a chuckle, pulling Paws and Xhenia with her. "That's what private elevators do. Now, welcome to your apartment."

Xhenia looked around in shock and amazement. The interior was a mixture of white and black with hints of baby blue. The walls were white, while the furniture was black. The hints of blue were small things like pillows on the couch or flowers in a vase.

"Alekses, honey, this is a mansion, not an apartment," she mumbled while rubbing the back of the couch.

Alekses ignored her response and kissed her head before letting go. Squatting, she took off Paws' leash and he took off when she gave the okay after threatening him not to piss in there. In which, Paws huffed at her. As if he'd ever.

"No, my love, this isn't nearly enough for you," she said, walking to Xhenia. She wrapped her arms around the woman's waist and flushed her back against her front. "You deserve so much more than this."

Xhenia laid her head back onto Alekses' chest and laid her hand atop Alekses'.

"What did you just call me?"

"You'll know in due time," Alekses muttered against Xhenia's head, kissing it afterward. "Don't you want to explore?"

"Will you come with?"

"Are you sure?"

"Mhm."

"Words, Xhenia."

"I'm sure," Xhenia spoke then drug Alekses through the apartment for an adventure. The apartment had two rooms upstairs. One was hers, and the other was in case there was company. Both had walk-in closets and built-in bathrooms. Xhenia's room was obvious out of the two since it was mainly baby blue. Her bathroom was blue and white. The bathroom itself was white while the decor was blue.

The other room was crème based and plain.

Xhenia thought the only way in and out of the apartment was through the elevator, but was proved wrong by the front door she had come across. The kitchen was marble black and white.

"How do you like it," Alekses asked after they finished touring.

If Xhenia was to be honest, she loved it, but it was too much for her. This place felt like a mansion to her, but she didn't want to seem ungrateful. It was being given to her with no fees attached.

"I love it," she smiled and scratched under Paws' chin.

"But?"

"There's no but."

Alekses could tell Xhenia was holding something and she could guess what it was.

"Is it too much for you, Xhenia," she asked, grabbing the woman's chin and forcing her to look up. "Tell me the truth."

"It is."

"Okay," Alekses grabbed Paws' leash and said. "Come on."

Alekses called for the lift and held out her hand.

"Where are we going?"

"To the next destination."

"Huh?"

Alekses wasn't kidding when she said that was only one of many. They had spent most of their day viewing the other places but never chose one. Each one still greatly overwhelmed Xhenia.

They were on their way to the last destination and Xhenia noticed they were leaving the city for this one.

She wanted to ask why they were leaving the city, but instead, she kept her lips shut and continued looking out the window. Alekses could tell she was anxious though since her left leg kept bouncing. She placed her hand on Xhenia's knee to stop it from bouncing, slightly scaring the woman.

"No need to be so anxious," she chuckled. "We aren't going that far from the city."

Just as she said that a small neighborhood came into view.

"Wait, the last one isn't an apartment?"

"Nope."

When Alekses pulled into the driveway of the fourth house, Xhenia had a feeling this was it. The house was visibly smaller than the apartments. It was outlined with bricks, and the porch had a porch swing. The yard had a small garden area that was waiting to be touched, but Xhenia was going to leave it alone.

Leaving that for Alekses. If I touch it, they're dying.

If you looked threw the window, you could tell this house was also furnished.

This time Xhenia didn't wait for Alekses to open the door for her. Her excitement to see the house had her rush out of the car and bouncing on her toes at the front door, impatiently waiting for Alekses.

Alekses looked at the woman with her brow raised. She then took her time opening the door for Paws and putting his leash on.

"You've gotten impatient," she chuckled after nearing the woman.

Thinking Alekses was scolding her, Xhenia stopped bouncing and looked at the ground. It was something her uncle would say when she got too excited and wanted her to stop.

"I didn't mean you had to stop," Alekses said, lifting Xhenia's head and ruffling her hair. "It's cute."

She pulled a key from her pockets and placed it in Xhenia's hands.

"Open it."

"Really?"

"It's yours, why not?"

Xhenia stared at the key then looked at Alekses who gestured toward the door. Xhenia bounced to the knob and inserted the key. She was about to open the door when what Alekses said registered in her mind.

She had said the same thing at the first apartment they toured.

"Wait, what do you mean it's mine?"

"Xhenia."

"Okay, okay."

She unlocked the door and walked in.

Alekses took Paws off his leash after she stepped in and shut the door. She placed his leash on a hook beside the door and stood beside Xhenia, who was frozen in spot.

"Xhenia?"

"It's perfect," Xhenia randomly said, confusing Alekses.

"You haven't seen everything yet," Alekses chuckled.

"Don't need to. I know it's perfect," Xhenia turned to Alekses and said. "I love it."

She wrapped her arms around Alekses and buried her head in the woman's chest. The hug had caught Alekses off guard, but she quickly returned it after gaining her wits.

"Are you positive?"

"I am."

Alekses mentally sighed in relief and held the woman tighter. The hard part was over, and all that was left was for Xhenia to become comfortable here.

"Alekses," Xhenia called out to the woman lost in her thoughts.

With a hum, Alekses looked down at Xhenia. She didn't expect Xhenia to connect their lips in a subtle kiss before she let go of her.

"Thank you, Alekses," she uttered and left Alekses where she stood to view the rest of the house.

Xhenia was long gone before Alekses came to her senses. A smile graced her lips, and she lightly touched them, not wanting to replace the feeling of Xhenia's lips.

I truly love her.

{{{(>_<)}}}