28- the yule ball

song start will be indicated with a '*' and the video is to be played at 1:03

When Nova knocked on Severus's door, she didn't know what to expect. Remus had informed her that he had wanted to see her ever since breakfast but he couldn't quite get a hold of her. The hallway leading up to his chambers was rather quiet, yet highly eerie. The stonewalls surrounding seemed to bring the place a sense of comforting wintry, and tinges of aloof-solitude.

The door creaked open and Severus stood on the other side. As soon as he saw who it was, his expression softened a bit. He looked much less colder than usual. The merriness of the season affected grinches too, apparently. He seemed a bit quizzical as he asked, "You came?"

"Yeah. You called." Nova just shrugged as if it was obvious as she kept her hands in her pocket, she didn't think much of his words. "You did call, right? Remus told me that you were looking for me. I can leave if you want."

"No. Don't." Severus spoke as he looked at his feet momentarily, breathing out a tentative breath before he walked in, opening the door as a gesture for her to get in. "I needed to give you something."

A creature purred and licked Nova's pants which only made her grin as she patted its fur. 'Hello' she gasped, her tone being the same one she used on her daughter. Stroking its neck, the woman looked up at Severus with an enthusiastic look, she never did really know what to call the cat. "Ooh. . what'd you name her?"

"Cat."

The witch's nails faltered as she raised an eyebrow at him, "You named your cat, Cat ?"

"It's a cat." Severus deadpanned in his monotone.

"Yeah, and you're a human." Nova got up to her feet, "You know how strange it would sound if your parents named you as that."

"Greatly I've been called many strangers terms, but never a human." Severus droned.

The woman just momentarily raised her eyebrows and head in agreement before she walked in front, taking in how he didn't do anything to decorate for Christmas. She had to change that. "So . . what is it that you wanted to give me?"