29-Aaliyah Snape is a peculiar menace of wonder

In that welcome amber glow, the time of slower thoughts seemed to enlighten Aaliyah's mind as she walked back to the castle from the Whoomping Willow, contentment of the setting sun, embracing her thought process.

Those moments when with open eyes her brain had morphed to the perfect empty horizon, seeing, yet content to respire the magic air of Hogwarts. She felt the soothing breeze, her soul being absorbed in the music of crickets, letting the gentle energy of nature wash in.

The almost silent corridors' floor echoed as it made contact with the brunette's shoes. She smiled unconsciously knowing that this ought to be the last gift that she had to give today.

Knocking softly on the Defence classroom, she made her presence known. After hearing nothing, she slowly opened the door, very well knowing that the older man wasn't expecting anyone, seeing that they had already made plans.
"Remus?" she called out, but before she knew it she felt the familiar pair of hands wrapping around her middle, causing her to gasp lowly from the sudden contact.

"Merry Christmas darling" he whispered in her ears.

She felt chills run down her spine, the same butterflies fluttering in her stomach and her knees going weak as she heard and felt his honey-like sweet voice.
"Merry Christmas to you too" she greeted back with a taint of crimson red on her cheeks.

"I got you something" the older man whispered yet again, his voice the perfect mixture of soothing and gruff. Involuntarily the witch rubbed her legs together for any sort of friction as she tried to keep her composure as she protested
"Rem, you didn't have to"

"But I wanted to" he replied in his usual murmuring seeing the effect it had on the woman in front of him. He moved some of her hair from her back, as he grasped and pulled it slightly with one hand, and soon his hand replaced with that of Aaliyah. She soon felt a cold metal string making contact around her exposed neck. She looked down as she took in the enchanted piece of jewelry encasing fairy dust, sealed in a lovely, round glass bottle with an elegant metal screw.

"Remus, it's gorgeous!" she exclaimed, having had turned back as she pecked the man's lips while mumbling "Thank you"

"I got you something, too" she dug in the bag while handing him a red and green wrapped rectangular frame. Remus' lip twitched into a smile as he calmly unwrapped the gift. His breath hitched whilst he looked at the moving photo. It was a moving picture of him and his friends in the sixth year, flipping it over he noticed that it was a double frame as the other side had a photo of him and Aaliyah in the sunflower field on their first date. He remembered putting it on self-timer, it was a moving picture of Aaliyah pecking his crimson red cheek.

"How did you-," he cleared his throat with tear-rimmed eyes, as he remembered his best mates.

"I got some help" Aaliyah smiled remembering having had seen the picture in Minnie's office and the older woman had let her keep it, seeing that she had an album filled with polaroids of her Gryffindor cubs. The brunette had instantly fallen in love with the picture and her heart throbbed seeing how happy everyone looked, but she didn't seem to identify another female figure in the picture who seemed to be hugging with her head in the crook of a laughing Sirius Black. She figured she was 'Clem' whom Sirius had talked about a few months back or so.

Remus tightened his grip on the woman's middle as he pulled her closer to himself and even basked in the moonlight her eyes lit his darkened world, Aaliyah Snape was a wonder, of that he were sure.

Without further ado, Remus sunk his lips into hers for a hasty kiss as the brunette's hand found its usual spot on the back of his hair. The kiss soon morphed into a needy, heated one, roughing the contact of the lips. Her lips were as good as her eyes in painting a picture of her desperation and his lips in their casual silent way told her that he was hers. After a while, they parted from each other gasping for air as their foreheads touched each other with their eyes shut in pure bliss.

"I have to go" Aaliyah whispered.

"Stay" Remus mumbled still panting "Please",
to which she just nodded.

~🌕~

The witch had already spent a night in the huge bedroom of Remus' chamber but that didn't seem to stop the occasional night terrors to seep through her sleeping subconscious mind, because before she knew it her body jolted awake and upwards into a sitting position, only for her to realize it's a dream after all. She huffed out a breath before she glanced down with slight annoyance at the man sleeping beside her with his back facing her.

"Oh, that's really-," she shoved on Remus' back, harsh enough to wake him up, causing him to mumble incoherently as she continued her sarcasm-filled accusation "That's really nice Remus" she shoved again "Really really nice you dog". Sleep seemed to slip away from Remus' eyes as his confused sleepy state turned to look back at the brunette in concern and mild surprise.

"Hey, wha-" Remus tried to form a sentence while sitting up beside Aaliyah, trying to blink away from the sleep.

"No, you just, you never mind what" she pointed an accusatory finger at him, still pissed
"You left me with a note!", Remus concerned face searched hers trying to figure out what in the hell was going on,
"You couldn't even be a man about it could ya?" she mocked before she pulled the blanket to herself

"Aaliyah-," "No, no, no you shush" she continued, "Now I, I had a dream that you left me," Remus said an inaudible 'oh' in realization
"and I didn't like the way you did it" the witch annoyedly fluffed her pillow, an angry pout forming her lips as she folded her arms. There seemed to be a few seconds of silence as Remus just sat, trying to grasp the reality of the situation.
"Ok, ok well darling what'd you dream?"

"Well I don't care, okay" she retorted "because it felt real", Remus nodded understandingly "So-," "So shush" she cut him off "Don't you talk to me" she stated with utmost disgust in her voice while pointing her finger,
"I'm going to go back to sleep, find you in my dreams and I'm going to deal with you there" she sneered the last part with narrowed eyes and sarcasm tainted words.

Before he knew it, the brunette had plopped back onto the bed,
"Gimme the" she struggled as she pulled the covers to herself.

Remus still didn't seem to have the much-needed grasp of reality, as he just sat there thinking the amount of information he had received in the past minute. Realization hit him like a train, thinking of the way she had actually left the first time they met  causing him to state groggily

"You left me with a note"

"Don't" Aaliyah warned.

Remus raised his hand in mock surrender before he too plopped his head back on his pillow, but this time without any blanket on top of him, but just a thought played in his mind

Aaliyah Snape was a peculiar menace of wonder, of that he were sure.