14- together

"We need to leave, now

"We need to leave, now. I don't think, Tamara can handle them all together. It was a fucking ambush."

Nova nodded frantically before her eyes fell on the kid who could transform in any given minute. She couldn't leave her like that. She had to be there for her. "What about—"

"I'll take care of her." Sirius placed his hand atop her shoulder, as he looked down at her with the same amount of frenzy. When Nova seemed unsure, the man continued, "Pup, trust me, I'll take care of her. Now go be a hero."

That was all the words she needed before she tried making her way to the room door.

"Whoa, hey, wait." Iago stumbled to his legs, "So you're just going to leave me here."

"You're hurt, mi amor" she stated restlessly. "Stay here, I won't be long."

"You really think I'm going to let you go there alone?" he asked with a gruff in his tone as he raised an eyebrow questioningly. "We're doing this together, whether you like it or not."

Nova succumbed to his words, and with a sigh she tentatively held a hand out for him; In no matter of time, the floo of Burrow whirred alive with the fiery flames of green, sending the duo to their destined location. The whirling continued as their bodies just vanished, the only remnant now being the hazardous smoke, which seemed eerily similar to the one which was leaving Nova Black's pouted lips.

By the time they arrived, the whole house was a crumbled mess. Bodies of men were sprawled untidily against the wooded floor which had covered the whole of Alastor's abode.

But the most shocking and dreary sight was that of the breathless corpse of Barty Crouch Junior, whose skin shone as pale as that of a sheet of paper, and lips as blue as that of a berry. And afront his body was the fuming stature of Tamara Veer and that of Alastor Moody, who had their wands pointed at the former and now what looked like a deceased death eater.

Words didn't seem to escape Nova Black's mouth, as she just looked still trying to process all this new information. But Iago seemed to act as her mouth for now, as he voiced out his disbelief and his tinted horror, "Y-you killed him?"

"What gave it away?" Tamara sighed out her sarcasm as she looked at the man. The woman's hair was quite disheveled, dried blood and fresh ones matted the front of her hair, slicking it stuck against the side of her face. Her eyes were slightly widened and even a little darker than usual, her hand held the wand with the utmost confidence that Nova had never seen the woman have.

"We don't have time for this," Alastor grunted, as he hit the bottom of his cane to his wooden floor, before taking a limped step towards the pair. "Peter Pettigrew has escaped Azkaban and we all know where he'll be going next."

"Black!" he announced as he turned towards Nova, "Dumbledore wants you to return to Hogwarts as a potions assistant to Severus Snape. You'll be returning there as a faculty, so I want you to keep a keen eye on the boy, and if you find anything suspicious report it directly to me."