11. Charles 'Charlie' Weasley

"Fucking hell!"

"Fucking hell!"

"Stop moving." Iago's voice commanded in a rather sunk volume, as his steady hands ran the cool of her skin, "And stop swearing."

"I wouldn't have if you hadn't just poked your fingers to the bruise" Nova retorted in a tensed and lowered tone, although there underlaid a huge layer of feigned offense and anger.

Iago mumbled a genuine 'sorry'. Gentleness now seeping through his actions and words, as he readjusted himself in between the V of the woman's body, who was deemed to be seated on the edge of the kitchen counter, which bore a metallic sink in the background.

"It nailed you" Iago grumbled with meek gruffness, as he applied tender pressure to the darkened skin. The crease of his eyebrows only heightened in sheer concentration and dreaded concern, as he kept his bent head fixated on the hit spot. "The bludger hit you pretty damn hard."

"You think?" the woman sighed a mocked retort, as her eyebrow raised reflexively.

"It's a huge welt and it's already getting darker from its middle." His gaze remained un-faltered as his thickened accent got way lower than usual.

The brunette hummed to his words, as she held the hem of her shirt—more like his shirt— although she felt a strained pain running through her arms from holding it up for so long. The witch blew a bored raspberry through the pucker of her lips, in hopes of a laugh, or in the illusion that it might break the tension but seemed to have failed nonetheless.

Instead, Iago straightened his body but never had his gaze even once faltered from the purple-blue masterpiece at the edge of her waist and bottom of her ribs. Soon concern replaced with anger as his bent head and straightened body unconsciously moved closer to hers.

The Gryffindor's brows furrowed in worry, of the man before him and the unresponsive state he fitted himself in. Before she could even call out his name, he had spoken in the lowest of tone that Nova didn't know even existed in the man.

"I should've stunned that fucker." he let his fingers bunch into a loose fist beside himself, with a newfound gruffness he spat "I saw what he did."

"Cielo..." Nova slithered both her hands against his bent ones, the man unfurled his fingers so that he could press his palm against hers. Comforted heat blushed through her hand and heart through the warmth of his widened palms. "He apologized and besides, I think I pretty much had it coming."

"But still" the man tried to argue, "I should've at least—"

"You didn't even lay a finger or a hex on Fred and here I am..." she tightened her hold on his palms, as a warm smile cascaded onto the corners of her lips "with you."

Biting down the urge to say 'I wasn't talking about him' Iago watched as her warm smile grew which only seemed contagion to him, as one of his coy smile plastered dorkily along the plump of his lip. The brunette didn't bother wasting another second as she nudged her chin up, and stretched her body towards him before softly crashing her lips into his already awaited ones. Tenderly unlatching his hands from hers, he let them stroke hazily through the soft of her armed skin. The kiss was deemed to have lasted for a few more seconds or so before the witch broke it with a satisfactory hum.