24-dittany mayhem

"Okay, we need to cause a distraction"

Xena mumbled as she peeped through the open Hospital Wing door and watched as Poppy attended to a sick Hufflepuff.

"I got this" Amelia states as she punched her hand to a nearby wall before screaming out in agony.

"You blithering idiot!"Aaliyah whisper-yelled
"Why would you do that?!"

"I panicked" she argued as she held her throbbing fist, blinking away a few stray tears.

"Poppy!!" the blonde screeched standing outside the door as her friends hid under the cloak, "I think I broke my arm"

"Oh dear", the matron exclaims worriedly as she approached the blonde, giving the duo under the cloak enough time to sneak into the huge room.

The brunette remembered the scent of the room all too well seeing that she had been here a week ago or so, the odor was rather familiar to a metallic tang from stainless steel in the open air with a hint of lime.

"You're walking too loud!" Xena whisper-yelled. "Sorry" the brunette apologized as she tried to soften her foot's impact on the ground.

They search the cabinets for either some healing potions or dittany. Aaliyah rumbled lowly in frustration after finding none and accidentally knocking a vial down. In an instant, the duo's head snapped towards the matron who seemed unfazed as she attended to Amelia's hand.

They both sighed in relief before the matron spoke "You both better come out before I call both of your house-heads"

"What are you talking about Poppy?" Amelia questioned, oblivious to how flustered she looked.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about Miss. Walters" she replied as she straightened her stance, looking around the room.

"She won't find us" Aaliyah whispered smugly in Xena's ears, before she knew it she felt someone pulling the cloak off of them from behind. The duo slowly looked at each other, with the same pace they looked at the matron before them, who sported an un-amused look on her face.

"We were just-", "We uh" the duo's sentences over-lapsed side glancing towards the blonde . For the first time in years, the hospital wing seemed so quiet, the only thing heard was the ticking of Xena's  wristwatch. Without wasting a second, the duo bolted towards the door along with the blonde; the cloak long discarded on the clean floor.

Pomfrey chuckled as she saw the trio exiting the room in a rush. It was hard to believe and to see that these trouble-makers were finally graduating, she blinked away the tears as she remembered the former troublemakers that they oh so were similar to, including the new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher.

"I cannot believe she kicked us out" Sirius whined as he walked alongside James and Peter
"Moony needs us, and besides I think I left my pocket mirror in there somewhere"

"Poppy doesn't love us anymore" James feigned a heartache, placing a hand on his heart.

"Or instead of complaining, we can sneak back in with the cloak" Peter suggested as he tried to keep up with his friends' fast pace.

The other two halted looking  at their shorter friend as Sirius mumbled with a proud smile
"Wormtail you genius bastard"

"Padfoot, mate" James started calmly before his voice escalated "stop stepping on my foot!"

"Sorry" Sirius apologized as he faltered his steps, directing it away from James' foot also while softening his foots impact on the ground.

"There it is!" Sirius whisper-yelled as he bent down to pick it up, unconsciously uncovering James from the cloak, who in fact hadn't bent down alongside.

"I missed you" he kissed the mirror, straightening up before he felt James nudging his side.
"What is it Pr-" before he could finish he directed his gaze towards where James was looking at.

"Relax, we're under the cloak she can't see" us he whispered in James ears.

"I can see you Mr.Black" Poppy retorted.

Sirius looked down at the discarded cloak,
"Oh" was all he could say before he bolted towards the door with James not far behind.

Poppy walked towards the door as her gaze met Peter, who was looking at where his friends ran off to, oblivious of her presence.

"What are you doing?" she asked

"I'm supposed to be their lookout" he grumbled under his breath, his breath hitching  as he swiftly looked back at the voice's owner before bolting away  in the same direction.

Poppy's heart broke remembering their fate, she couldn't believe Sirius could ever do this to his best-friend.

The trio panted, stopping after they were sure they were far away from the room.
"The cloak!" Xena exclaimed, remembering it falling.

"I don't think that's our main concern right now" Amelia stated nudging her brows towards Aaliyah, she almost laughed at the dumb-founded look on her best friend's friend, who seemed to be unaware of the fact that she was in her comic-themed shorts and her black tank, her robe long forgotten in the common room.

The brunette folded her arms, as she waited for her friends to explain on what had happened. Her heart thudded in her chest as she was able to feel her bare arms and not the velvety outside of her robe
" Merlin's balls!"

The other two burst into a fit of laughter as the brunette continued "I think I may be stupid"

"You are" Xena corrected as she tried to control her laugh "Come on, let's leave before your dad finds out"

"Before I find out what?" a voice bellowed behind the brunette.

The trio's eyes widened as Aaliyah's hand instantaneously travels to her neck.

"Nothing" they synched as Severus eyed them suspiciously before his gaze fell on his daughter. Gently he pulled her shoulder, so she could face him. Aaliyah smiled sheepishly, proving Severus theory that something was wrong.

"Are you alright?" he asked concerned, giving no heed to how she was dressed, feeling that it wasn't important at the moment
" You weren't there for breakfast" he drawled as he threw a glare towards Xena, who broke out a cold sweat seeing that she was instructed by Severus to make sure that the brunette eats timely.

"I- I was sleeping, I didn't get much last night" she stated "Ima go eat n-" "What happened to your neck?" Severus cut her off.

"I..uh..cramp" she faltered.

Severus looked at his daughter's fearful and flushed face.
"Remove your hand" he tried to instruct softly, not wanting to scare her much further but he ended up sounding quite vexed.

"It's nothing, really" she tried to reason which only irritated him more.

"Then, remove your hand" he ordered again, his patience growing  thin.

The witch's trembling hands went into over-drive which didn't go unnoticed by Severus. His demeanor softened to some extent, sternly he grabbed the hand covering her neck and he slowly pulled it down, his eyes never leaving the covered area.

Aaliyah followed the action, surrendering. Her heart thumped in her chest when she felt Severus hand tracing near the marks, his face remained emotionless though you could see the storming rage building up in his onyx eyes.

"Who did this?!" he asked dangerously low.

"Dad I-", "WHO?!" he seethed.

"Oliver", "Xena" ,"Me" the three immediately answered in unison.

"Oliver" Amelia stated again, knowing there was no way out of this anymore
"Oliver did it, they've been dating for a while"

Without another word, Severus strutted towards the Gryffindor common room, his cloak swishing.

"What did you do!" Aaliyah slowly turned towards Amelia, gritting her teeth.

"What? It was the reasonable explanation... he probably won't kill him" As if on cue the hallway was filled with a loud boom as if a wand was being fired.

"I-I think we should stop him"