Chapter 874 Karma

Various images flowed into his mind and Souta felt his mind being clear. The cloudy feeling was dissipating and his eyes slowly regain their luster.

"I remember now... I exited the Dream Realm and..."

Souta's expression turned dark. The things that happened after he exited was the worse thing. Thousand of years had passed in that place yet only a few hours had passed in the real world.

He turned his head and glanced at the windows. He found that this house was inside the city of merfolk.

"What am I going to do...?"

Souta was doing all of this just to survive in the calamity but after experiencing that horrible thing. He grew numb to death. He wasn't afraid of it. It felt like it doesn't matter if he survived or not.

He experienced millions of death at that moment.

'Souta, are you okay?' Saya asked worriedly when she saw his expression.

"Oh," Souta snapped out of his daze. He looked down and asked, "Saya, do you have any goals?"

'Me?'

"Yeah, I want to know if you have any goals." Souta nodded.

'My only goal right now is to watch you succeed and reach the apex. I will always be here watching you.' Saya said.

Souta smiled when he heard her words. He said, "Okay, I will reach the apex no matter what."

Bang!

The door was slammed open, causing Souta to immediately turn his head.

It was Eilish.

Eilish had concern painted on her face as she stared at him. She opened her mouth and asked, "S-Souta, are you okay? Does your body hurt? Do you need me to help you?"

Souta stared at her first before he smiled, "I'm fine... The situation before is just a little bit problematic."

'It seems that I can't die yet.' He said inwardly.

There's also Yenxa. He would find her no matter what. Even if he fought the entire Imperium, he wasn't afraid. Invading the soul realm and disrupting the cycle was a huge deal. It would cause chaos in the entire world.

"Are you sure?" Eilish asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine now," Souta assured her.

"Sigh... I'm glad." Eilish breathed a sigh of relief.

Souta stared at her for a few seconds before he asked, "Are you that worried about me?"

"Of course! It's only natural that I would be worried about you!" Eilish raised her voice.

"Hmm... I see... I will rest here for an hour then we'll head out." Souta said before he closed his eyes.

"Okay, I will prepare a meal for you. I hunted sea monsters so I will cook it. Eat first before we depart." Eilish said before she left the room.

Souta opened his eyes and stared at the door. He could still hear the faint voices in his ears. There were changes in his body.

He realized that his stats had increased to a higher level.

Stats...?

Does it mean...

Souta widened his eyes. He moved his eyes and glanced at the system.

This...

"What I experienced was the side effect...?"

He saw that the souls in his [Soul Blood Earring] were tremendously high. The amount of souls needed for his next stat enhancement was astronomically high. It needed tens of millions of souls.