Chapter 963 Sovereign

Ming Region, Vorr Zone.

Souta rose from his seat and surveyed the surroundings, detecting hundreds of creatures nearby. These were the dream beasts inhabiting the area.

He found himself on one of the floating islands within this region. However, this island no longer floated; it had crashed during his confrontation with the previous Sovereign of the Ming Region.

Realizing he needed to locate Alice and the others, Souta understood they could not have landed in other parts of the Nightmare Realm; the trial only took place here.

While the Ming Region boasted abundant resources, they were currently of little use to him. Although it would be beneficial to bring these resources outside, he lacked the capability to do so yet. Such a feat required a high level of Dream Power.

Nevertheless, Alice and the others would benefit greatly from the available resources. As for Souta, the only path to increasing his strength lay in confronting higher-ranking Sovereigns.

Souta glanced at his sword and asked, "Saya, are you there?"

'I'm always here,' Saya replied.

"Well, last time, I couldn't bring anything with me, so..." Souta shrugged his shoulders.

'That's because you didn't have Dream Power at that time. It's different now,' Saya said.

"Hmm..." Souta suddenly turned his head as he sensed something.

...

Dozens of figures were inside the crashed floating island. They were inhabitants of the Dream Realm called hullscan, a demi.

Hullscan weren't that different from humans. Their appearance was almost the same except for their tall figures and grey-colored eyes. An adult hullscan could reach a height of two and a half meters.

Their group was led by two people: an old man and a man who looked to be in his early thirties. The old man was one of the great magicians of hullscan named Aorhen, while the younger man was an elite swordsman named Vabhron.

They were leading this expedition team.

According to the information, a commotion had occurred in the Ming Region. Various dream beasts left this region, and they started occupying other regions. Their goal in this expedition was to verify what happened to the Ming Region.

The group was resting inside one of the large pieces of land that had crashed on the ground.

"We only encountered a few monsters," Vabhron said as he glanced at Aorhen.

"Most of them went to the other regions. The state of the Ming Region isn't normal. Almost all the floating islands have fallen." Aorhen pointed at the ceiling and added, "Also, this large piece of land that we are in should be packed with thousands of monsters, and from what we've encountered so far, I can estimate that the monsters here didn't even reach a thousand."

"Yeah, it's like a big fight happened in the region," Vabhron said with a worried look.

Out of nine zones, the hullscan only occupied one zone, and this zone was the smallest of all. The other zones were occupied by vicious monsters. Fortunately, those monsters weren't unified, so the hullscan managed to survive by working together. They owned four regions, and their Sovereigns were among the lowest ranking. They didn't have anyone above rank 40.

"I think it's better if we go back now. We've explored almost half of the region and haven't found anything except for traces of battle. It's safe to say that we've completed our mission," Aorhen said.