Chapter 928 Battle at the Selnes Country: Betrayal

Hoei observed Poisonous Vine, taking in the sight of her blood-stained form, although it was not her own blood, but that of the people she had killed.

"How many people did you kill?" Hoei asked, his expression remaining composed.

Poisonous Vine cast a glance at the unconscious Edmar before responding, "I've lost count. Battling that priestess was taxing, so I took down anyone who crossed my path before arriving here."

The victims of her ruthless assault weren't limited to the inhabitants of the Selnes Country but extended to individuals from the fragmented worlds as well. She spared no one, not even the creatures she encountered.

"You understand why I'm here, don't you?" Poisonous Vine smiled as she locked eyes with Hoei.

Hoei's expression remained unaltered. He produced a small, silver-colored orb and stated, "This is your objective... The cores are concealed within the Five Master Clans. Edmar already handed over the Windi Clan's core to your group, so you still need to collect the remaining four."

In Hoei's view, the cores of the Five Master Clans were of lesser importance. They primarily served to maintain the integrity of the All-Filter Barrier Formation. There were more crucial secrets guarded by the Five Master Clans, such as the mysterious object hidden deep within the Methal Clan.

'I want to inspect the Windi Clan immediately, but it seems I won't be able to do so for the time being,' Hoei contemplated internally while keeping an eye on Poisonous Vine.

Suddenly, both Hoei and Poisonous Vine turned their heads toward a nearby area where a figure had crashed, creating a significant fissure in the ground.

Emerging from the dissipating smoke was a person with fiery red hair – Hono Flaem, the Clan Leader of the Flaem Clan.

Hono glanced at Hoei and Poisonous Vine, her expression bearing a serious and intense air as embers began to manifest around her body.

"Clan Leader Hoei, shall we confront her together?" Hono inquired.

Hoei considered the proposal and responded, "I could leave her to you, but it might be more advantageous if we team up. It would simplify matters."

"If that's your preference..." Hono nodded in agreement with Hoei. She then shifted her attention to Poisonous Vine.

She tightly clenched her fists, her aura intensifying as the temperature in the vicinity surged dramatically.

A few minutes ago after she activated the mysterious object, Hono seized the crimson orb, and the entire space around her began to expand, engulfing everything. In an instant, she found herself in a different location, separated from her master, and unaware of how this had transpired. That object created this whole mashed dimensions.

Her primary objective now was to return to the Flaem Clan household. While navigating the various layers of space in her quest, she came across this place and sensed Hoei's energy.

"On second thought, I believe I can handle this. Eliminating one of the enemy's top experts would alleviate the burden on our shoulders," Hono stated in a cold and determined tone. Her fiery red hair danced around the flames she was radiating. She hadn't faced an opponent worthy of her full strength since the war had commenced. The foes she encountered outside the city had proven to be nothing in comparison.

"Hmm... You believe you can defeat me," Poisonous Vine remarked, narrowing her eyes as she sensed the formidable aura emanating from Hono's being.

"Yes," Hono responded with unwavering confidence in her tone. She was certain that she could vanquish Poisonous Vine in her current state.