Chapter 936 Battle at the Selnes Country: Contract

Paente surveyed the tense atmosphere, observing the wariness between the experts from various factions. The emergence of the mythical-grade fruit had escalated the situation, and while he didn't anticipate outright killings, it was evident that competition for the fruit would ensue.

'I need to take action...'

He noted the absence of other Clan Leaders besides himself. Each leader likely had their own intentions regarding the god's remnants. However, this was a falsehood.

Erkigal had previously reached out to him for cooperation, but their goals didn't align. Paente recognized that the secrets left by their god interconnected the Five Master Clans in ways not immediately apparent. These dimensions were vital for his intentions.

"It's an ideal situation..."

Paente cast a glance at the sky, knowing it was time to set his plan in motion. Once it concluded, everything, including his role, would come to an end.

Gilaine's presence assured Paente that nothing would go awry.

'The threads of fate are severed, making this the opportune moment.'

Paente joined both of his hands together, causing his aura to surge, generating a towering pillar of green light.

[Evergreen Monumental Sky Mending Tree]!

[All Life Converge into One]!

[Evergreen of All World]!

Boom!

All attention turned toward Paente as he unleashed an immense surge of energy. From the ground, tree branches sprouted and rapidly expanded. Within a fraction of a moment, a colossal tree, reaching a height of five hundred meters, materialized on the land. Its branches ripped through the fabric of space and time, forcibly drawing together various dimensions.

Curled up inside the tree, Paente merged with it, becoming one with the colossal structure.

With narrowed eyes, Souta observed the gigantic tree as it slowly manipulated and integrated the various dimensions.

Suddenly, a figure bolted toward the household of the Botano Clan.

Swoosh!

"I'll claim it first!" Black Blader exclaimed, swinging a massive dark blade toward the barrier. But before his attack could reach its target, a figure intercepted him.

Bang!

Adel swiftly deflected the energy blade using crimson-colored energy that enveloped both his hands.

"Nope, no one will lay hands on the mythical-grade fruit with me around," Adel stated with a grin. He then directed his attention to the massive tree. "Seems like the Clan Leader of the Botano Clan has gone mad. He's fused himself with the tree and is unconscious."

The colossal tree swayed, unleashing a barrage of powerful energy beams in all directions. However, the top experts evaded the beams with ease.

"He's unconsciously attacking anyone who gets near him. As long as we keep our distance, we'll be safe from his attacks," Naruse remarked, covering half of her face with a fan.

Paente lay dormant within the colossal tree. Sensing his state, the group understood what to do. Paente was currently out of the fight for the mythical-grade fruit.

Observing the tree, Souta pondered Paente's strategy that led him to use a technique rendering him unconscious.

He turned to Gilaine and said, "Stay safe. Be cautious. I'm joining the battle."