Forty-one

It has been three weeks after her time at the hospital since Remington resumed school. She had been insisting she was fine and needed to go so she could get high school over with and possibly move on with the next chapter of her life. Finals were a week away so preparations for graduation and prom were underway.

Her and Margaux had revealed to everyone that they were now an item and they were teased relentlessly about it. Heather however had gotten ahold of Doctor Devi and flirted her way into getting her number. It was more of an attempt to stop her pestering. Although the older woman enjoyed the attention, she couldn't get involved with someone as young and disloyal.

Remington had to put therapy on a hold for now. She didn't want to revisit that gruesome part of her life just yet. There would be more time for that after she was finished with school. So she hardly ever smiled genuinely except when she was around her girlfriend. She had always felt giddy about the thought every single time. Margaux was her's and she was Margaux's. It was a dream come true and she didn't want wake up. They had been going stronger than she thought, but Margaux always fails to hide her concern for her girlfriend. She couldn't help it because witnessing the one you love get beaten up, shot and practically commit murder—takes time to overlook.

So now here they were, shopping for their oncoming prom along with their friends.

"You guys have been at each other's hips for days. Come on it's just for a few hours." Tom pulled on Remington's good arm as Heather did the same to Margaux.

"But I don't wanna." Remington pouted as she tried escaping from her friend's strong hold on her.

"Well if you comply, we'd get to see her sooner." Micheal suggested while wiggling his brows and she saw a point in that before giving up with a sigh.

"I'll see you later my love." Margaux blew a kiss at Remington and she caught it while her other friends gagged playfully behind her.

"You're such a dork." Peyton shook his head at his friend as they walked into a suit store.

"Her dork." She corrected and they all smacked their lips at her.

"Okay so what colors are you all going for?" Remington asked as she looked through the racks with furrowed brows.

"No idea. I'd just go with a plain colored tux since I have no date." Tom shrugged his shoulders picking out a sleek black tux from a rack.

"I don't know about y'all but I have a date. He told me he's going for dark blue so I'd settle for dark green. Those colors make sense together for some reason." Micheal sighed with a smile on his face.

  "Ew, that's actually very gay." Remington teased with a playful glare. Michael blew raspberry in her direction before running off. It wasn't even up to a second that she then began to chase him around the store. They got the attention of everyone patron inside and the manager wasn't pleased so all it took for them to stop running was a menacing glare.

  After rearranging scattered racks of clothes and apologizing for countless times, they both did the walk of shame to the register along with their snickering friends.

  "If you all don't stop, so help me God." Micheal craned his neck to scowl at their friends.

  "Well you wouldn't have been embarrassed if you didn't run away from her." Tom shrugged.

  "Actually he sprayed her with spit and Lord knows where that mouth has been." Peyton shuddered playfully before Micheal showed him his middle finger.

  "Now I'm gonna need a shower." Remington joined in before she was shoved mildly on the shoulder by a pouting Micheal.

  "Surprisingly we haven't gone there yet but I guess it's just me stalling." Micheal revealed to his friends when they were finally out of the store with bags in hand.