Eight

"What do you mean parties aren't your scene?!"

Christ, take me now.

"Remington! Is this even working? I just got these last month." Micheal grumbled to himself as he kept checking on his new and "improved" headphones.

"Oh I'm here, and as I've said—I will not be attending any party whatsoever." I said in finalization as I put the finishing touches to my home work. These teachers aren't pulling any stops in making the assignments even more harder than the last.

"You're such a fun sponge." He groaned, dramatic as ever.

I chuckled at the..insult?

"I can have fun, I just don't wanna do it in a crowded house that reeks of alcohol, sex and sadness, also being inhabited with sweaty and hormonal teenagers."

I picked up my phone and walked over to my bed, jumping in it.

"We could just stay out back! Come onnnnnn, it'll be fun. I promise." Michael still won't let the topic go. It's been three days and he kept bugging me about the party some random person at our school was throwing.

They approached us at our table at lunch and told us we were invited to their party—he hasn't been the same since that day.

"My presence would hold zero to no importance if I decide to show up or not, so why do you want me there so bad?" I was genuinely curious about his sudden persistency.

"Well if I'm gonna be truthful, it's about what you told me around the beginning of the week." The tone of his voice lowered a bit and I confused about this. Why's he whispering?

"What's got you whispering? And what did I tell you specifically? I said a lot of things since this week started."

I heard a sound over the phone and I could piece together that he had face palmed. Uh?

"What happened between you and Margaux, duh!" His voice was suddenly too loud as it almost got my right ear deaf.

"Bloody hell, my ear! Tell the whole world about it, would ya?!" I said as I stuck a finger in my ear, trying to get the ringing sound out of it.

"I would, if you don't come with us to the party." Micheal giggled at his senseless plan and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Fine, sheesh."

I knew he wouldn't snitch but I just agreed to go because I could tell he wouldn't rest until I said yes. If care wasn't taken, he'd make his way over here and make me get ready.

"That's my girl! Now, search your closet for something eye-catching. We're dragging all attention our way once we get there, so we have to look fabulous. Also, your hair—put it in a man-bun, it'll bring out your eyes more if it's away from your face." Micheal just keep on telling what I should and shouldn't do.

His ranting just kept going on and on as I then tuned him out, going back to my encounter with the she-devil herself.

Flashback

I was once again the last person in the locker room - after double checking all the stalls and making sure I was alone of course.

I made quick work with pulling on my undergarments and basketball shorts when I got shoved and held onto a locker.

"What's with you and shoving me into lockers?" I asked as I sighed in exasperation. It's been a long day.

"You don't speak unless spoken to freak." Margaux put emphasis on the word 'freak' and I wouldn't lie and say it didn't sting a little.