Twenty-eight

M:

  Holy cow.

This can not be happening. I can not be falling for her—Remington Alvarez. It should not happen, fuck!

At first I liked what we had, the sex—well not technically sex, we haven't gone that far yet—but my heart literally has hiccups when I see her, hear her voice or just have a whiff of a smell that reminds me of her. I was supposed to stay away from her but I couldn't. If my father finds out about this, I'll be a goner for sure.

I can't really call things off between us because I actually want this. And I don't want to hurt her again. I've done far too much of those and it's got to stop.

A gruff voice had broken me from pacing in my room and I just stood still, waiting to hear it again.

"I told you never to come by my house, you have my number—call me." My father's voice hissed in a whisper-yell.

My brows furrowed. If that wasn't suspicious I didn't know what was.

"I'm sorry sir. I just..I had to. It's about that night." The way the unfamiliar voice spoke with fear has me thinking he's scared of my father or perhaps what happened that night?

"Come with me to my office Dante. These walls have ears." My father's voice began trailing away and my curiosity was well fed to not know more of what they were about to talk about.

A text from Remington still stayed unanswered in my phone. She sent a selfie of where she was when I asked. She had on a black tank top with a denim jacket sprawled behind her and a ball of fur on her torso. She had gotten a kitten a few days ago, said it popped by her window and she left some treats there for it so it wouldn't die from starvation but little did she know it became attached. I mean I don't blame it.

She looked so sexy with her cat on her stomach and her curls wild and untamed. I resisted the urge to tell her that. So I just typed a quick response before switching off my phone and cracking my bedroom door open so I could sneak out.

My mission was successful and I had begun tiptoeing to my father's office. It was pretty big and practically took most of the space around the second floor aside both our rooms.

"So you're telling me that someone managed to hack into the systems that held information of what happened that night?" My father's voice made me flinch from how close it was to the door of his office.

I said a silent prayer, praying he isn't exactly by the door.

"Yes, Romeo let me know the moment he found out. He's already handled it but we're worried this won't be the last time. It seems he's—"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence. I covered my tracks quite well Dante. There's no way he'd find proof of me killing his wife." A gasp almost left my lips at what he said she I threw my hands to my mouth to hold it in.

Was this a joke, a prank perhaps? Did he really kill someone's wife and tried covering it up? I'm going to throw up.

"And even if he were to find it, I'd just take his dyke of a daughter hostage and force him into signing his company to my name. I will never rest till I've taken everything everything from him." My father gritted out and I could feel the bad energy seeping off him. This man was a monster, a cold-hearted monster. But who was he talking about?

"Oh that seems like a good idea boss. Though his daughter seems like a piece of work. It's like he hit copy and paste when she was still growing inside his wife. They have the exact same build, face and what not. I doubt she won't put up a fight when getting abducted." The unfamiliar voice said before a I heard a swatting sound before a wince. My father hit him.