Thirty-four

M:
  I always shook my head in embarrassment when I remembered what almost went down with Remington and I before I started crying uncontrollably. I did want to be with her intimately but what that man had done to me haunted me.

  It's been exactly a month since that day and things have been going okay with us, but whenever I go back to that man's house—it all comes crashing down in flames. He kept on touching me and I fought back sometimes but end up having "sense" beaten into me.

  I had managed to get ahold of Remington's father's number but he has yet seen the texts I've sent or respond to any of my calls. I'm beginning to lose hope because the abuses were getting worse.

  Cheer practice started about two weeks ago and the times I don't come in, I have Heather step in for me. I lied to her about slipping in the shower and spraining my ankle. She was skeptical at first but the limping I always faked proved me right in her eyes. I always felt horrible lying to her but I couldn't tell her the truth, not yet.

  Remington and I have been very careful in public, we avoid any kind of interaction whatsoever but when we go back to her place, we're all over each other but not in a sexual way. I can't go further with the things that happen back at my house. That man thinks I broke things off between Remington and I so I don't get called into his office most times but when I do, my mind automatically goes on standby so I don't have to suffer through whatever he does. I have had flashes in my head where I stab him to death with the knife on the fruit tray in his office and I am very close to making it come through.

  Although after being heavily molested by him, I try covering the scars best as I can but I see Remington's eyes when I'm just in my underwear. The cogs turning in her head and hundreds of questions bubbling at the back of her mind. I really wanted to tell her but I didn't know what would come of it. She might make a rash decision and get herself killed because of me, I would not be able to forgive myself.

  "I wonder what's got your forehead so creased like this." Remington's voice broke me out of my thoughts.

  "I'm thinking up ways to murder any girl who decides to come closer than three feet of you during prom." I had to lie on the spot but I would really resort to killing any bitch who puts their hands on her much less breathe the same air as her. Remington has unsurprisingly become the talk of the school apparently with her being the basketball team captain as she looked so hot playing ball and now girls were throwing themselves at her. I give her the stink eye whenever I notice she's allowing any girl speak to her for more than thirty seconds.

  "There is no need for violence my sweets. You know I don't like entertaining girls who aren't you." She nuzzled my neck with her nose and I giggle at the sensation.

  "Mhm we'll see." I scratched behind her head softly with her still nuzzling my neck. She inhaled sharply and I reveled in the fact that I can be with her like this when she was in so much demand at school.

  "Oh I just remembered something." She removed her face from my neck and I pouted at that.

  "What's that?" I moved over and laid my head on her chest. I loved these moments we shared. I'll be going home soon but I always came here after school since the incident at home.

  "Heather told me about her trip to Los Angeles. She said she had met up with Sarah, my best friend. She told me about how they're dating now and almost went into detail about what they'd be doing practically everywhere but I ran away in record time. You didn't tell me your friend's like a rabbit in heat." Remington's chuckles vibrated through my body and I laughed with her.

  "That girl is a sex freak. I remember that one time she eyed me up to down, practically eye-fucking me she even said she would've taken me then if I wasn't like a sister to her." I shook my head at the memory. It was the night of the first party Remington had attended at school.