Forty

Margaux stepped out of the hospital room along with Ferdinand and the doctor addressing them of Remington's condition. Apparently she suffered a major concussion, a broke nose, a busted lip, two broke ribs and a dislocated arm. The bullet had been long removed from her and luckily it hadn't but anything vital so she was safe from anything life threatening but now they were worried.

Remington had been asleep for three days. The doctor said she didn't know when she would wake up but she assured them that she was fine and just needed to rest after what went down with Felix.

Speaking of Felix, his bison was finally exposed to have been built on lies and countless illegal activities. Ferdinand had bought all his shares and had placed it in William Snow's name. Felix was solely responsible for the immediate downfall of the man's business but he had a hundred times more money and recognition he had in the past. He had Ferdinand Alvarez to thank for that.

After Remington had fainted that evening, she was rushed to the hospital and taken into the ICU immediately. Margaux had called Heather and then she brought Remington's friends along with her. They all were restless but that didn't stop them from squishing the poor girl in a hug after having missed her snarky attitude and overly charming personality.

They had been coming since day one in the afternoons because of school and left at night. They didn't once complain of the circumstances and even begged Ferdinand for them to stay longer twice. They all knew she'd wake up soon, they could feel it for some reason.

Heather although didn't spare her best friend a lecture. Letting her know how disappointed she was in her for not finding her adequate enough to confide in. She was hurt but glad her friend is now finally free from the clutches of that evil man. Never would they have to face him again.

And now they all say around seven thirty in the waiting room, all anticipating Remington's wake up call but alas, it never came or that was what they thought until a crash had caught everyone's ear and they all gave themselves looks before rushing into the room Remington was assigned in to see her frozen in one spot with the metal dust bin rolling on the floor.

"Hey..guys—oh!" She was almost trampled to the floor by her friends who didn't take subtle seriously.

"Get your hands off her or I'll cut you." Margaux threatened as she walked in the room with a scowl aimed at her friends. Remington was still healing so they needed to be gentle with her.

"Sheesh miss. She's all yours, no need to get possessive." Margaux cut her eyes at Micheal before they softened as she stared at Remington. Her big cuddle bear. She moved into her arms and squeezed her a bit. She missed her a lot.

"Hi." She whispered as she peered up into her eyes.

"Hey." Remington returned the greeting but the moment was soon interrupted with their friends gagging and playfully throwing up.

"I just puked in my mouth." Tom had a disturbed look on his face.

"Yo same." Peyton shook his head with the same expression.

"Tease all you want, you'd understand when you're older anyway." Remington blue raspberry at her friends before Margaux smacked her arm lightly.

"Can I steal her now?" Ferdinand opened his arms and his daughter walked into them, hugging him tightly as he did the same.

"I thought I lost you there mija." He pressed a kiss on her cheek with a stray tear running down his cheek. It was hard watching his daughter get beaten up badly but he was thankful now that it's over.

"Nah you're not getting rid of me any time soon old man." Remington teased her father with his age and he rolled his eyes with a smile. It was glad to have her back.