Fourteen

M:

The morning had quickly approached and it was hectic because Heather and I forgot to set an alarm to wake up earlier so here we were, rushing to get to class while being twenty minutes late.

I tried the nob of the door to see if it was unlocked but unfortunately, it wasn't. So I knocked and waited for the teacher to let me in.

The teacher opened the door and when she saw me, she gave a very tight lipped smile and stepped aside, letting me walk through. That's what I thought.

No one spoke a word when they all saw me walk in and I liked the power I sort of held over them. I shouldn't really be allowed to get off the hook for being late but hey, she said nothing so I'm not to blame here.

My eyes caught Remington's over the packed classroom and I rolled my eyes at her still staring at me even when she's seen I caught her in the act.

I plopped down on my seat with Heather beside me and began listening to whatever the teacher was saying.

The class ended soon after and a few more after that till it was finally the last class before all us athletes got ready for practice. I wasn't actually paying attention due to the hairs at the back of my neck rising ever so often. I turned to look at the cause and once again, caught Remington's eyes on me. I glared in her direction but it was like she was in a daze so I made the glare really intense, causing her to snap out of her thoughts and turn away nervously.

A few yawns from me here and there and the bell rang, finally. I had a mission now so I stood up from my seat and turned to where Remington was sitting at. I noticed she was putting her books in her bag really slowly and I found it amusing. Why was she stalling?

I went over to her and stood behind her, knowing full well she'll feel my presence. And that she did.

"Uhm c-can I help you?" I rose my brow at her stuttering. That was new.

"Why were you looking at me like that earlier today?" I asked as I folded my arms in front of me.

I saw she was having an inner battle with herself but I couldn't tell what for.

"Like what?" Well she was dumb if she thought I'd buy that.

"Don't play coy with me Alvarez." My left brow rose again in instinct.

"I was just wondering where you got your shirt, I liked the design on it and I thought of getting one myself."

"Oh?" I tilted my head at that. Was she lying right now? I couldn't tell by the serious look on her face.

"That's hot."

My eyes widened slightly.

"Excuse me?"

There was a panicked look on her face.

"S-sorry, I uh meant the design on your chest-shirt, I'm hot, is it hot in here? Sheesh." She started fanning her face with her hands as she slipped her bag on her shoulders and bolted out of the class. That was..interesting?

She called me hot, but by the look on her face after, I think she didn't intend on saying it out loud. I surprisingly didn't feel uncomfortable with the fact that she called me hot.

I never liked when people, guys at most times, gave me compliments because there's always a voice at the back of my head that tells me they want something I'd never give in a million years.