Twenty-three

Ever since I saw Margaux's bruises, my mind has been all over the place. I could not just stop thinking about it and the fact that I see her five days a week made it even more consistent.

I didn't tell anyone about it-not even Heather whom I've grown close to and Sarah. She was already back at Los Angeles but she did her best in making me feel better and it worked, kinda.

But through the beginning of the week, I didn't bother listening to any comments about my extra part-good or bad. I just had my earphones on everywhere I go to avoid talking to anyone. It helped for the most part.

Micheal, Tom, Peyton and Franklin still stood by my side and threatened anyone who made stupid comments about me so I was grateful for them.

I wasn't mad at whoever posted the picture anymore, sure I might break their face if I catch them but I've let the past be the past and just went on with my life.

The pictures unsurprisingly got to my dad and he was a fuming mess. He asked if I knew who did it and I said I didn't. Margaux's confession that day at the bathroom had replayed on my mind for a while and I just chose to believe her for some unknown reason. She just seemed really convincing and I couldn't ignore that fact.

My father wanted to press charges but I managed to convince him not to. This didn't need to get into the hands of the law-yet anyway. So I calmed him down and assured him that I was fine with the picture being out so I wouldn't have to go through the trouble of telling anyone anything.

"So what's got your panties in a twist?" A voice interrupted my thoughts and I looked up to find Marcus-Mark, wiping the counter and dropping the vegetables on them.

"I don't wear panties and it's nothing. Just school."

"Explain these then." He dropped a really large pair of female underwear on the counter and I just stared at it with shock.

"Those are NOT mine!" I said in horror making him laugh.

"Are you sure? I saw your initials on the back." He had a teasing smirk on his face and grabbed the panties, checking it thoroughly.

I saw the initials he was referring to and it read 'gotcha!' making me glare at him playfully before tossing the underwear at his face.

"You're not funny."

"I am though."

I clicked my tongue at him as I stood up from the counter.

"Wait-Remi."

"Yeah?"

"I know you're worried about something else asides school which is okay since you're clearly not comfortable with sharing but I need you to know that you can't solve every problem yourself. And reaching out for help can be the best thing you could ever do if you ever come up stuck." He winked and continued with what he was doing.

I hummed and went up to my room. He did have a point and I hate to admit it but I have to ask for help but I don't really know anyone who wouldn't want details about where I saw the bruises from. I guess the only option is to confront Margaux about the bruises and hope she doesn't hit me in the face again for prying.

Who are doing those things to you Margaux and why don't you want to open up to anyone about it?

~

Today was the last day of school before the summer break kicked off and I was nervous. I hadn't seen Margaux throughout and I was beginning to worry about her and wonder if whoever gave her those bruises had finally snapped and hurt her beyond repair.